What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I get Cydia without jailbreak?

Craigmill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iPad2.16gb jailbroken on 8.1.3, but with a minimal amount of apps and very little memory left. So, I tried to find out why - I will save you the long saga but I now have an iPad2 with ios 9.1 with no chance of a jailbreak in the near future!
I would like to install iFile but it was my understanding that you needed Cydia for that. I have seen many sites that offer Cydia without jailbreak. Is this really possible? If yes, what is the best method?

PS - One good thing - prior to messing about I only had 250Mb free, but I now I have 9.81Gb.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll need a jailbroken iPad in order to install Cydia and any jailbroken apps. You'll have to wait for the release of the iOS 9.1 jailbreak.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is trick which helps to download cyndia for non jail broken phone. i have not yet tried it, but my friend is using cynida without jail broken the phone
Cydia will not work with a non-jail broken device. It can't even be accessed from a non-jail broken device. The jailbroken apps and tweaks available through cydia and the various repos cannot be installed on a non-jailbroken device.

Most reactions

Latest posts