What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken glass on ipad2

Status
Not open for further replies.

myron.persoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. Love my ipad2, but finally dropped it and broke glass. I have 2 questions. 1) read about "one time" courtesy repair. As I live in Mexico, does anyone know how to get this repair? Specifically the shipment and potential Mex taxes?
2) now that the new iPad is out, does Apple offer a "trader up" for a broken iPad to the new one?
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your iPad2. Unfortunately, there is no Apple policy about free replacements for broken iPads. A lot of people have mentioned getting their iPads replaced as a "one time" courtesy (see here for a big discussion on the topic: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25272).

Apple has announced a trade-in program for older iPad2s. I am unsure about what they would say or do about a broken one. You'll have to ask the store.

Now, given that we already have a huge thread running about replacing broken iPads, I am going to close this one. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts