What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new to iPad2.....need help loading apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcam1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, all.....
I received an iPad2 today, and since I am new to Apple products, I'm hoping to find some assistance with a small problem.

I was given a thumbdrive, by a friend, with two iPad apps on it (.ipa files)

I have transferred them to my PC, and when I try to install them using iTunes, the iTunes application indicates that they are installing, but at the end of the sync, I get an error message that states: "Some of the apps in your iTunes Library were not installed on the iPad, because one or more errors occurred." There are details listing the individual apps that did not install, each followed by the error number 0xE8008001.

I am fairly PC savvy, but am a total neophyte as far as my iPad2 is concerned.

Any help that you could provide would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
Bob.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may be PC savvy Bob, but you are not yet iPad or iPF savvy. Using others ipa files is piracy and we neither support or condone it here. Read the rules in my sig please.

Enjoy your new gadget, but do so by downloading free or paid apps only from the App Store, or jailbeak and use the Cydia store. But no matter what, don't be a pirate!

I've closed this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts