What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Apps on Absinthe Jailbroken Ipad 2 5.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenapple77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm a newbie so please bear with me....

I have successfully Jailbroken my Ipad2 using the Windows tool.... everything went well as expected... the thing is, how do i install apps to my device using itunes?

I have .ipa's of apps which I previously downloaded and installed during my 4.3.3 days... I get an error "Failed to install <app name>" message during sync/installation process.. Do I need to install anything else to get things working with Itunes? I kinda recall something installed after JB to make it sync to itunes...

I prefer downloading and installing apps via itunes most especially on apps, games, that are a couple of hundred MB's or gigs in size...

Need your expert help guys!

Much thanks!

Green

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you haven't paid for the apps, if that's the case you won't get any help here!

If you have paid for them just go to 'Purchased' in the app store and re-download!

OP
G

greenapple77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi AddiosAmigo,

Thanks for your reply.. please help me understand, what's the purpose why people Jailbreak their devices? I noticed you too have one for yourself..

It's a mix of purchased and non-puchased apps by the way.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
greenapple77 said:
Hi AddiosAmigo,

Thanks for your reply.. please help me understand, what's the purpose why people Jailbreak their devices? I noticed you too have one for yourself..

By non-purchased do you mean pirated? A jailbreak isn't just used to get free apps, there are many great tweaks (free and paid for) such as ifile, sbsettings, retina pad just to name a few.

If the apps are pirated then sorry I cannot help, the rules forbid it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi AddiosAmigo,

JB does not = Piracy!

We don't JB to STEAL!! And it is illegal! Don't be a pirate!

CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts