What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Smart Cover Alternative?

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DCYPHAx said:
im thinking of the 'Enki genius case'
Enki | We've got you covered
but its in US and im in england, could take ages + shipping could be expensive.

Looks like a nice cover for the back while still using the smart cover. Preorder and you also get a neoprene case. I'll have to consider this case as well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Xgear clear back cover and should have it by Fri. I like the Apple Smart Cover, so this combo should give me all-around general protection. 

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still looking myself, so far a plastic grocery shopping bag seems to do the trick when it's raining outside, it watches the smartcovers back, how smart right.

I'm after a wallet type of cover that I can wear like a purse or DJ set, and I'm putting a huge piece of Velcro on the back of it, been using Velcro forn everything and it rocks!

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently ordered a nice cover from Amazon, a Tuff-Luv. It is leather and you can use it as a stand for both landscape and potrait. I have had it for four days and am impressed by the quality of the work. It covers both the front and the back of the iPad 2 and uses magnets to put the iPad to sleep just like the Apple cover.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Marine 47 said:
I recently ordered a nice cover from Amazon, a Tuff-Luv. It is leather and you can use it as a stand for both landscape and potrait. I have had it for four days and am impressed by the quality of the work. It covers both the front and the back of the iPad 2 and uses magnets to put the iPad to sleep just like the Apple cover.

looks nice, but i prefer the luvmac one

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/LuvMac-Generation-Multifunctional-Buttonless-Capability/dp/B003P4SU78/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1303496117&sr=8-5[/ame]

mainly because i don't need that many viewing angles

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the carbon cover, but im not convinced still. I want a case where the cover can be removed, like a smart cover. could someone recommend a back-protection case that works alongside the Apple smart cover?

You are like me.

Just got my Marware Micro Shell delivered this week.
Love it!!!

Works great with my smart cover and gives me flexibility of taking the smart cover off.

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SkyStudio said:
Hey does anyone know if this one collapses when you lay it down tilted to type?

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Not the Tuff-luv, it stays at the angle you set it at

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im thinking of the 'Enki genius case'
Enki | We've got you covered
but its in US and im in england, could take ages + shipping could be expensive.

Enki updated their facebook page with a full back shot of the Genius Case. The pic displays FULL COVERAGE (minus cut-out for smart cover), meaning top and bottom! That is very promising and as long as there aren't any negative surprises, this could easily become the best Smart Cover compatible shell.

Attachments

• 222445_220823597931516_209703562376853_1007562_2907739_n.jpg
    222445_220823597931516_209703562376853_1007562_2907739_n.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 438

Stuartjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JW Hulme have a full case with leather smart cover. It's in dollars and no shipping charges are displayed back to the UK. You have to place the order to get international shipping charges!

It appears to retail for $295!

clyde2801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ion Carbon Cover....

Seen ads for this popping up all over the place. Almost pulled the trigger, but on top of the $70 for the case, they're asking for $15 shipping and handling from China.

I thought about it, and it looks really, really cool. But if it doesn't meet my expectations, I'll have an essentially useless $85 piece of gear lying around.

I've tried a few cases, and laid my hands on others in brick and mortar outlets. The closest cases were TPU cases from china, but they required lips on the outside of the case to grip the edges of the screen in order to stay on, which kept detaching my ghost armor. Fail.

I found a speck smart cover compatible case at Best Buy that was not in inventory, I had to call my local store with the SKU number to see if they even had it. Bit overpriced ($39.99), clear (would have rather had black or red) but it does the job, easily attaches and detaches and leaves my screen protector well alone. The ipad with smart cover and belkin case also fits in my discounted leather targus ipad1 case, so it provides me with modular levels of protection.

Admittedly, I'm a bit fussy about my gear. Guess I'd rather pay more for what I want rather than settle for a small savings, probably because I use my ipad multiple times every day.

Schmavis96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, which is worth it: the ion carbon cover 4 iPad 2? Or the enki genius with a smart cover? Any owners please help me,
Thanks, felipe

Most reactions

Latest posts