What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Smart Cover Alternative?

DCYPHAx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if people could suggest me some of the best iPad2 Smart Cover alternatives. I want protection on the back, along with purchase in English Pounds (if possible).

Post links, and state your point.

UNC_Buccaneer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep OK! If you still like the smart cover and you want somthing that covers the back, buy this Enki | We've got you covered ; i oringinally didnt like the smart cover because It didnt cover the back and i was going to buy the macally dualstand2 because it covers the back but I found this just about a week ago and i love it. It works great with smart cover!

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you get an enki cover when the site says it's not shipping till May2? Looks nice though...

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware CEO hybrid has smart function, and full protection.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Webwrangler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been very pleased with my smart cover in combination with a Gelaskin. http://www.gelaskins.com/ I sent them a drawing that my partner had done of one of my RPG characters and they made a very nice skin from that.

egan651

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An excellent case/cover leather and smart closing and a 2 position stand, £13 or $19 from Amazon. Not sure how to get a link in here but search Amazon for
CaseCrown Apple iPad 2 Bold Standby case (Black) for the Apple iPad 2 Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Saw an add on the forum for this case today. Looks interesting.

ion-factory CarbonCover for iPad 2

Mmmmmm for a cover it's kinda sexy, but a bit pricey for imitation carbon fiber.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I'm trying to figure out if the inside of the cover is microfiber. Might be worth it then. No worse than a leather smart cover at any rate.

Two weeks till payday, and I'm tired of using my iPad bare, so the research has begun.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1303296861&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: Toblino 2: Napa Leather iPad 2 Case (Folio Convertable Case Multi-angle Stand for Apple iPad2): Electronics[/ame]

Protects front, back and corners ... when open quickly setups up as a stand. Looks nice, add just a bit of weight and thickness ... but all covers do.

I really like the magnetic on/off feature. So nice.

Cost is great.

OP
D

DCYPHAx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the carbon cover, but im not convinced still. I want a case where the cover can be removed, like a smart cover. could someone recommend a back-protection case that works alongside the Apple smart cover?

Most reactions