What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best photo editing program??? Thoughts?

Shepx13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned Adobe Photoshop Touch. It is incredible. I have been using Photoshop on PC and Mac for many years and I can assure you that PS Touch comes very close to the real thing. It is an amazing piece of coding. If you are serious about digital imaging, this is a must have.

I won't consider using PS Touch until they increase the output resolution. 1600 x 1200 is unacceptable. I'm sure a lot of photographers agree.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I can't believe no one has mentioned Adobe Photoshop Touch. It is incredible. I have been using Photoshop on PC and Mac for many years and I can assure you that PS Touch comes very close to the real thing. It is an amazing piece of coding. If you are serious about digital imaging, this is a must have.

How does it handle RAW pictures? I don't know if you shoot in RAW, but I do. If I open up a RAW picture in Photoshop (on a PC), it will come up with a special RAW editor before opening the picture up to normal editing. Does Photoshop Touch let you edit RAW pictures directly?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shepx13 said:
I won't consider using PS Touch until they increase the output resolution. 1600 x 1200 is unacceptable. I'm sure a lot of photographers agree.

This was upped in the last update to support 2048x2048.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
How does it handle RAW pictures? I don't know if you shoot in RAW, but I do. If I open up a RAW picture in Photoshop (on a PC), it will come up with a special RAW editor before opening the picture up to normal editing. Does Photoshop Touch let you edit RAW pictures directly?

Like most IOS apps that support RAW files, I believe you are actually editing the embedded jpg.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

simonnewbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jadeiteinnovation.com
Hi Krysta

It sure is fun trying the differ apps. It is for me a unique experience as different users require different end results .

I love Snapspeed , photo genie, photoshop and now because of your recommendation photo forge .

I would be interested to know what you finally settle with and why ?

Have a great day -

Yours Adventurously - Simon

BMW Endurance Guinness Champion of the World

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CaptainSlocum said:

Hey, I didn't even know PS had a good app on here until my husband found it for me a few nights ago, lol! I swore by PS for years on my PC for school, so I was nervous when I didn't I'd have access to it on here. I feel like I have to learn it all over again because its been awhile since I've "played" with it :)

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
simonnewbound said:
Hi Krysta

It sure is fun trying the differ apps. It is for me a unique experience as different users require different end results .

I love Snapspeed , photo genie, photoshop and now because of your recommendation photo forge .

I would be interested to know what you finally settle with and why ?

Have a great day -

Yours Adventurously - Simon

Jadeite Innovation & BMW Endurance Guinness Champion of the World

Hey Simon,

It is truly so much fun having SO many options in regards to the photo editing apps on here! As of right now, I have really no need to worry about what the programs output is capable of...I'm not a professional (although I wish I was!) so I really was just looking for stuff that I could do some corrections, but I really enjoy the options of effects, filters, etc. I am big on posting pics on FB and emailing them to friends, resolution isn't as big a deal to me. That was the big reason for PhotoForge becoming my favorite so far. If it came down to printing any of these, I would need to further explore these to see what I'd be able to use. From I have been reading, it seems that PS would be good for that. Pus, as I had mentioned right above, PS was like my baby for my PC in design school. Now I have it and because it's been awhile since I've used it, now I have to Remember how to use it, lol,e.g. LAYERS!!! :)

If you're interested, check out my photo gallery in my profile page. I think I have most of them labeled with each program I used...I'd love to hear your feedback, especially since you use one of the ones I use :)

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for fun and continuing my search at all the photo apps, I came across this super fun one...Photo 3-D...anyone ever played around with that one? It's quite hilarious, but pretty freakin awesome! This was a good one for me to use for my kids pics, they got a kick of what they looked like in some of these effects. Some of the good ones I got will definitely be making their way into my gallery :)

Sent from my iPad 3

Shepx13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I found a solution to the lack of high Rez photo upload for Facebook: iloader HD. It's a paid app, but it works. I used it for android for batch uploading to FB in the past. It seems to work well on iOS as well, but it did crash a few times.

garyMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reviving this thread...

Any updates now that more than six months has passed since the last entry????

@Krysta - which photo editing software did you like best among the ones you have tried???

It seems to me that Photogene can handle RAW files much like PiRAWnha...

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garyMD said:
Reviving this thread...

Any updates now that more than six months has passed since the last entry????

@Krysta - which photo editing software did you like best among the ones you have tried???

It seems to me that Photogene can handle RAW files much like PiRAWnha...

Wow, so cool to see this thread moving again :)

I have yet to use any of the photo editing programs for any kind of print work...someday :) Right now, I continue to do it for fun...I have a gallery on FB and of course, email to those who appreciate something "different". I'm not a professional, but I did a lot of photography and editing in design school.

The current apps I use frequently are:

PS Express
PicShop Lite
Vintique (this one's fun for unique vintage effects with SO many options! One of my favorites!
Photo Toaster Jr. (A variety of effects, and editing techniques)
PicArts

Again, these are mostly just for fun, but if you have been reading previous responses on this thread, you'll find a ton of other options! Have fun :)

Most reactions

Latest posts