What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best photo editing program??? Thoughts?

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent SO much time trying to find the best and most entertaining photo editing programs. I know that PS was the highly recommended program, but I think I found something even better. Has any ever tried out PhotoForge?? It's pretty awesome and addicting. Anyone using it that would like to share some opinions on it and/ or tricks and tips??

Krysta

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snapseed is by far the best photo editing tool in my opinion. Its not free but worth buying. iPhoto looks great and has a few neat touches that snapseed doesn't but it's still not as good. I use snapseed and then what snapseed can't do I edit in iPhoto lol

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the PhotoForge?

Krysta

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PhoroForge looks like the max image size that you can save is 1600 x 1200 - not the best for printing, but otherwise it looks good. I wonder why iPhoto gets only 3 stars on the App Store reviews? (I've bought too many photo apps already anyway.)

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just MY opinion, but I have tried iPhoto, and I don't think it quite compares...

Krysta

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're interested in taking a look at my photos in my profile, I have posted some examples of the programs I have been using thus far. Would love to hear an opinion :)

Krysta

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Krysta said:
If you're interested in taking a look at my photos in my profile, I have posted some examples of the programs I have been using thus far. Would love to hear an opinion :)

Krysta

Great photos, I love the one with the superimposed book cover.

The Archangel

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I know, the book seems to be everyone's fave :)

Krysta

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a hard time saying anything is best, especially if I have not used all of them extensively.

So, Kyrsta, which have you used? What makes PhotoForge stand out above the others? I only have iPhoto and I got that because so much noise was made about it when the new iPad came out. I never had reason to look beyond it. I did like your pics, but I'm unsure this could not be achieved in iPhoto or if iPhoto even attempts to compete with PhotoForge. Sometimes you need more than one tool depending on what you wish to achieve.

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey AQ :)

Hmm, how does PhotoForge stand out...I think I like it so much because it reminds so much of PS which is something I worked on at school for a long time. Another one of those programs that I got quite addicted too :) But, honestly, it's not very fair of me to judge iPhoto in comparison, as I didn't give it a very fair shot. I tend to get bored easily and if I don't like what I see within the first 10 mins or so, I start looking somewhere else. My husband is actually the one who found Forge for me, and for the reason of it having such rave reviews, I gave it a shot and got hooked within the first 2 mins. I love having the ability to add effects and filters. I don't believe I saw those options in iPhoto? Correct me if I'm wrong...

If you dot mind me asking, what sort of projects do you enjoy working on the most and do you have a program you favor more so than others?

Krysta

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh, I apologize. After re-reading your post, I see that you haven't gone more in depth in the whole photo editing software programs :) Back to my original question, if you do like to work with photos, I would suggest checking out the free photo editing apps to give a few a fair shot. Maybe that would help you decide if any others would be in your best interest?

Oh and something that just came to my mind...the 1st reason for my lack of interest to iPhoto was the reviews. They weren't so hot and usually I try not to pay attention to those, I find myself doing so when it comes to programs like these, especially when you have to pay for them :)

Krysta

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, some of those photos, such as the book and waterfall pic, I had actually done in Pho.to Lab, which is free and totally fun!

iPadFever1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPhoto and snapseed;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPadFever1 • Remember me!

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently I really need to look into this snap seed :)

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have any photos you'd like to share?

Sent from my iPad 3

Most reactions

Latest posts