What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best photo editing program??? Thoughts?

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Krysta said:
Ok, well it looks like Photogene will be my next up :)

I'm so glad this thread is going somewhere!

Sent from my iPad 3

You might like photogene as well as photoforge. I've looked at them both & decided the photogene had few advantages. I'm still looking for something for my iPad3 that would come close to Adobe Photoshop or Corel Photopaint (I do a bit of image analysis & processing as part of my job). I would like an app that would allow cutting & pasting between images.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Loving this thread Krysta!

Great photos too....I just might have to take some photos and have a play myself!

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@leelai...

Thanks! Me too...it's cool seeing how much response this has gotten. So helpful too :)

Let us know if you start posting your own...would love to check them out :)

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@docvan...

See if this link works...I think maybe this could help out a bit??

Edited by Moderator - no links please read the forum rules

Worth a shot :)

Sent from my iPad 3

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sorry :(

Sent from my iPad 3

No need to be, see PM

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, found a new one :) PhotoFunia (also free!) is really cool! There are like 300 effects! Just wanted to continue to share my findings with anyone who continues to search for a cool photo program :)

Feel free to check out my updated gallery...I'm always looking for feedback :)

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@fluer...

Fun isn't it? Looking forward to see what else you come up with :)

Sent from my iPad 3

OneZeoN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, found a new one :) PhotoFunia (also free!) is really cool! There are like 300 effects! Just wanted to continue to share my findings with anyone who continues to search for a cool photo program :)

Feel free to check out my updated gallery...I'm always looking for feedback :)

Sent from my iPad 3

I'll try this one out tonight

Shepx13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the iPad and iOS (heavy android user). I have been playing with snapseed and love it. One issue I'm having tho is that it doesn't seem like Im able to upload photos to Facebook in the newer 2000 pixel higher resolution that they support. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't been having any issues uploading anything to Facebook, but I'm not sure what you mean about "the 2000 pixel"? Hopefully you'll get some kind of explanation I regards to this, as I am now curious??

Sent from my iPad 3

Shepx13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't been having any issues uploading anything to Facebook, but I'm not sure what you mean about "the 2000 pixel"? Hopefully you'll get some kind of explanation I regards to this, as I am now curious??

Sent from my iPad 3

Facebook used to have a resolution limit of 720 pixels on the long edge for all photos uploaded. They now have a roughly 2000 pixel limit instead, so it's a huge difference in quality. It seems like the photos I've uploaded from my iPad a going up in the lower res instead. (Nikon d700 photos via Dropbox)

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for explanation on that steps...learning something new every time I cone on here :)

Sent from my iPad 3

CaptainSlocum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned Adobe Photoshop Touch. It is incredible. I have been using Photoshop on PC and Mac for many years and I can assure you that PS Touch comes very close to the real thing. It is an amazing piece of coding. If you are serious about digital imaging, this is a must have.

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photogene is my choice. I use Photoshop CS5 for my PP and find Photogene very similar on a smaller scale. Excellent program.

Most reactions

Latest posts