Best Buy or Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Yachtman, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I bought two iPads from Apple.com. It's fine unless you want to make an exchange or return, because they make you ship back the iPad if you want your money back. Otherwise, the best they can do for you at the Apple store is give you a gift card for the amount. Kind of annoying, because I was trying to get an iPad with more GBs when there were shortages, and you had to wait additional weeks at Apple.com or take your chances and line up at an Apple store if you wanted to use your gift card for another iPad. I still have an Apple gift card for whatever the 32GB iPad was going for, because I had quicker luck getting a 64GB at Best Buy.

Maybe Apple stores have since changed their policy, but it was a pain, considering the stores are owned by the company (at least the ones I've gone to).

2. Yachtman

Yachtman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to everyone. I ended up buying an iMac from the Apple Store and will buy the iPad2 in a few weeks, or maybe wait till iPad 3 is out.

I will say that the buying process was wonderful. They set the unit up and got me going with some basics, and I'll be attending some of their classes too. Since I'm switching to the Apple/Mac systems, this should be a huge help for me. I feel the extra warr was worth it. Not inexpensive by any means, but worth it to me.

Thanks again, and I'll see you when I purchase the iPad!!

Yachtman