What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy

Dark Lazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked one of the Best Buy employees on Sunday what time they were going to sell the iPads on Friday, and he said whenever they opened.

That's great and everything, but can anyone else confirm this? Everywhere I check online says 5:00 p.m. at appl e stores, and I just think it's weird that Apple would allow third party retailers to sell the iPad like 7 hours before they did.

Also I work at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, so it would benefit me greatly if Best Buy sold them all day.

Thanks!

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm staying up till midnight Thursday to see if they change their "Available Soon" button to "Add To Cart". I'll be ordering online / pickup in store so I don't have to go stand in line.

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Best Buy website has an IPad2 FAQ section which states that they won't be selling them in stores until 5pm on Friday. I, too, am hoping to be able to order one on-line and pick it up in a store, although that might not be until after 5pm.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you post a link? I can't find a FAQ anywhere on their site.

OP
D

Dark Lazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm, I did a google search and found this: BBY - iPad 2 FAQ - Best Buy Community

I'm assuming this is what he was talking about? This looks like a FAQ on their forum page (which I didn't even know existed).

Though it seems that was made by a BB employee, I'll take it with a grain of salt. Maybe I'll call up a different BB location nearby and see what they say.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best buy is the best place to buy the Ipad 2 since you can get it interest free for 18 months by getting their credit card. That comes to about 30 bucks a month (tax included)! You can't go wrong with that. Why would people buy it anyplace else is beyond me except if you have the cash then I would get it from Target because they will give you a 5% cash-back if you use their credit card. That is the next best choice.

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best buy is the best place to buy the Ipad 2 since you can get it interest free for 18 months by getting their credit card. That comes to about 30 bucks a month (tax included)! You can't go wrong with that. Why would people buy it anyplace else is beyond me except if you have the cash then I would get it from Target because they will give you a 5% cash-back if you use their credit card. That is the next best choice.

Well, not everyone wants to open up credit card accounts all over the place just for the heck of it, for one thing. The number of credit cards one has, as well as how they are used, can affect one's credit rating.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, not everyone wants to open up credit card accounts all over the place just for the heck of it, for one thing. The number of credit cards one has, as well as how they are used, can affect one's credit rating.

I agree with you if you open up credit cards every time you made a purchase. But for a purchase over $498 then this is when you want to open a credit card.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've got to open a credit card for a $498 purchase you don't need to be buying that item.
In my case, I only opened my card because I bought a front loader washer and dryer, stands and a 42" TV at the same time.
If you look at it from the standpoint of being "only $30 a month" you're going to lose in the end. It's that kind of thinking that makes you end up not paying it off in 18 months and then you're sacked with interest going all the way back to when you first bought it. If you don't have the income to pay it off really soon, don't do it.
But that's just my two cents. And why my credit score is through the roof.

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've got to open a credit card for a $498 purchase you don't need to be buying that item.
In my case, I only opened my card because I bought a front loader washer and dryer, stands and a 42" TV at the same time.
If you look at it from the standpoint of being "only $30 a month" you're going to lose in the end. It's that kind of thinking that makes you end up not paying it off in 18 months and then you're sacked with interest going all the way back to when you first bought it. If you don't have the income to pay it off really soon, don't do it.
But that's just my two cents. And why my credit score is through the roof.

My credit score is also through the roof. Who said not to pay it off within 18 months? Who said not to make $30 a month payments? If you don't have the money don't buy it. But if you have $30 a month and are responsible and will pay on time then buy it. I rather have an interest free loan than no loan at all.

Last edited:

rebelbaserec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you look at it from the standpoint of being "only $30 a month" you're going to lose in the end. It's that kind of thinking that makes you end up not paying it off in 18 months...

I've had CC accounts for Best Buy and Sam Ash for well over 8 years and have purchased 2 TVs, 2 Receivers, speakers, tons of recording gear and drums and over $1000 in accessories, all with 12-18 months no interest and never had a problem paying them off. I bet I'm not the only one who can pull off such an impossible task such as this. I've never lost in the end. In fact, I'm 'Winning'

rebelbaserec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm staying up till midnight Thursday to see if they change their "Available Soon" button to "Add To Cart". I'll be ordering online / pickup in store so I don't have to go stand in line.

Genius! And then I read 'In-Store only' in the FAQ... You got me all excited for not having to wait in line!

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
straight cash or don't buy it at all

Then you are better off buying it from Target.

1) Open credit card
2) 5% off
3) Pay in full at the end of the month
4) Close credit card
5) Who is better than you? :)

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well something else to remember on bestbuy is the reward point! You get a discount on something later. I will buy it at Best Buy cash but use my reward card to get point for later accessories :)

Most reactions

Latest posts