What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy or Apple Store

Yachtman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to buy an iPad Saturday morning and would like to hear some experiences you've had with either Best Buy or the Apple Store (local).

Also does anyone have an opinion with either stores warranty?

Thanks!

Yachtman

:cool:

Also, I have a few posts with 'instant email notification' checked off at the bottom, but haven't had this work yet. Help??!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad 1 at an Apple store, and an iPad 1 and 2 at Best Buy. Nothing remarkable in any of the transactions, but I wasn't looking for any service at either place. I like to get in and out quickly. I don't buy extra warranties.

The warranty is from Apple, no matter where you buy.

Deedsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad 2 at Best Buy. I'm with kay... I skip the additional warranties offered in-store.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would buy it at the Apple store if it is close enough to you. It *might* result in a break from the store if something goes wrong.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got my iPad 2 at Best Buy with no extra warranty. Apple Store is to far away from me and Best Buy reward gave me some $ back after all :D

cutnstuf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine at Best Buy. I went for the extended warranty. I've had occasion to take advantage of the warranty on another item, and BB was terrific about living up to their end of the bargain. Small price to pay for a clumsy guy like me! LOL!

Cut

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny thing is that I always buy all of my electronic items from best buy. My 27" iMac best buy, my Droid X cell best buy , my ipad2 Apple Store. Reason being is that best buy didn't have the one I wanted at that time but the Apple Store did. Go figure right, and no I didn't buy the extra warrenty.

dhlewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since Best Buy put all the other electronics stores out of business, and now have higher overall prices I avoid them. Giving my money to Apple does not irritate me?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my IPad from the Apple store without the apple care, however the store located about 15 minutes from our resident. My experience with BB have not been positive.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would go to an Apple store if one was close enough, the closest one for me is 1.5 hours away. I got my iPad 2 at Target when I worked there at the beginning of the year. And bought a MacBook Air a few weeks a go at Best Buy. I see nothing wrong with going to the other retailers, especially when they are running a sale. And I don't purchase a particular store's insurance, I will get AppleCare if I want it though.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy it at the Apple store if it is close enough to you. It *might* result in a break from the store if something goes wrong.

This has not mattered in my experience. YMMV.

I bought an iPhone 4 overseas, shattered the screen, took it to an Apple store in the U.S. and they offered me a freebie replacement without ever asking where I bought it.

If I had a problem with my iPad, I would take it to a U.S. Apple store, no matter where I bought it.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've bought iPad 2s from Best Buy, Apple store and Apple online. No bad experiences with any of them. No extended warranties. One reason we bought a couple from BB was to take advantage of the 18 months/no interest deal.

Most reactions

Latest posts