What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery not charging while connected to PC

JollyJoyce1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad connected to my computer and it is not charging the battery while connected. Is this correct? I thought it automatically recharged while connected. Help please.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your PC is not putting out enough power...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
USB does not supply enough power to charge the iPad. Although it will maintain charge, or even charge it slowly, the iPad will not indicate that it is being charged.

If you do a search of this forum, another member has found and posted a software solution, which you could try. I haven't tried it myself but there is a program which will increase the power supplied through USB to that required by the iPad.

OP
J

JollyJoyce1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
USB does not supply enough power to charge the iPad. Although it will maintain charge, or even charge it slowly, the iPad will not indicate that it is being charged.

If you do a search of this forum, another member has found and posted a software solution, which you could try. I haven't tried it myself but there is a program which will increase the power supplied through USB to that required by the iPad.

Many thanks for the help. Will search and see what I come up with.

sekrepatoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JollyJoyce1 said:
I have my iPad connected to my computer and it is not charging the battery while connected. Is this correct? I thought it automatically recharged while connected. Help please.

I tried: event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger/

Succeeded! Try with www!

hobbyfarmer178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The IPad WILL NOT CHARGE plugged into a computer you MUST use the supplied charger or one of the many iPad docking stations

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The IPad WILL NOT CHARGE plugged into a computer you MUST use the supplied charger or one of the many iPad docking stations

Sorry, but I have to correct this: Even though the iPad says it's "not charging" when connected to a computer, it actually is. Granted, it's a very slow trickle charge and is very inefficient versus being plugged into the main electrically - but it is charging.

However, the best way to charge the iPad is indeed with a wall charger or dock...

Marilyn

shhardyme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to correct this: Even though the iPad says it's "not charging" when connected to a computer, it actually is. Granted, it's a very slow trickle charge and is very inefficient versus being plugged into the main electrically - but it is charging.

However, the best way to charge the iPad is indeed with a wall charger or dock...

Marilyn

On a related matter, when my screen blanks out and I unlock it, even when plugged into the wall charger, battery info says not charging. I have to unplug and plug 20 pin back in to get charging symbol.

hobbyfarmer178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which charger are you using ? The charger for the iPod iPhone is not strong enough for the iPad you MUST use the charger for the iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts