What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 not detected while connect to PC via USB, while on Electric Socket it charges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuqlear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys..plz help me!
I cant connect my Ipad 2 to PC, and itunes wont find it as-well!, i tried connecting to different PC's, Tried changing the USB Cable, Rebooted, Re Springed,!! :(
while its connected to Electric Socket with same USB cable, it charges..but not on PC :(
Please help me.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Is this the same computer you have originally synced your iPad to? Try a different USB port, also is your iTunes the latest version, should be 10.6. Try plugging in your iPad with iTunes already running and if that doesn't work, plug it in first and then start iTunes and see how you go. An iPad plugged into a PC will only do a trickle charge it is much better and certainly quicker to charge straight from a power outlet. You should only ever use the cable that came with your iPad to sync.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
N

nuqlear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome.. :)

yea its the same computer i used to sync! i tried changing USB ports, and even trying it on other Computer..but it doesnt show up! do you think, its some hardware problem with my ipad?
and yea, my USB cable which came along with the ipad is getting heated when its connected to any source! like PC, Electric Charger....!
i tried with another USB cable. but everything goes same!

THIS FORUM is JUST AWESOME :)
thanks for the supports and tricks..:D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any other devices connected to your wifi, which could be interfering here and have you wifi synced at all in the past? Try a reset of your iPad and see if this makes a difference. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.
I'm hoping someone else will chime in here with some advice, do the reset and let us now how you go.

OP
N

nuqlear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you jail broken?

Marilyn

Yes it's jail broken ! 5.0.1
I can't even use my camera connector! It doesn't show up only! I tried every method...resetting, changing USB cable, checking with other pc's, reinstalling iTunes and apple USB device driver, !!
Every other Idevice are detected on my pc! Just this particular iPad 2.

I don't sync my iPad over wifi! Always goes with cable.

I do feel it's some trouble with USB hardware on my iPad.

If any one could sort this out I would be very thankfull!!
Peace.
Nuqlear

Wanitto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, and have tried the same things

Different pc
Different (working) cables
Reset ipad
Update ipad
Update itunes
Restart pc

botut0712

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, i suspect some of my uninstall cydia app that cause this. Then i found that cydia app "roqyUSB" that cause my USB not detected by my PC.
Install again and my ipad is start to detect a charging and my PC prompt to open the USB drive for the ipad. Hope this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts