What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Life Drains Too Fast

iPaduser234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad (few months old) user habits haven't changed - all of a sudden battery life at 50% drains overnight with no use. I have dimmed the screen, I don't use blue tooth, and I've closed background running apps...any suggestions out there?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are your location settings turned on? You can turn many of these off in settings. Have you noticed the issue since installing new apps? Also check general settings>usage and check any of these apps to see if they are big files, this won't be directly to your problem but see if there's anything out of the normal. Do you use any accesories with it. I have noticed mine can run down 15-20% overnight. Just a few suggestions that might help, il have a think and let you know if I can think of anything else.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, does it coincide with applying an update to 5.1.1, or any other IOS update?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have 'fetch new data' turned on in your mail settings? If this is set to every minute then it will keep check for new emails constantly, this could be a drain?

biskitbeetle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called Carat it was recommended by a friend , It monitors what's hogging your system and whats draining your battery , worth a look and it's free from the app market .

Most reactions

Latest posts