What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery doctor app

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody have the battery doctor app to monitor their battery? I ran my iPad down to 1% when it shut off. I then plugged in, opened battery doctor app and started charging. At first it said 5 1/2 hours to full charge then when it got to 20% the time remaining to full charge changed to 7 1/2 hours. Weird. Just wondering if anybody had this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, I consider this type of app a waste of time and/or money, but whatever.

Probably the app has not been updated for the new iPad and it's much larger battery yet, and that is why you are getting the unpredictable readings. Check when the last update was done on the App Store, and the version notes.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to get into a big argument about this but I have Battery Doctor and it saved me from turning in a battery on my iPhone that was not fully charging. Did it return it to 100% no, but I was this close to replacing it and Batter Doctor eked out more life on it. My wife now has the phone. We may still need to eventually replace it but it has got at least 6 more months out of it at this point. If we can make it to the iPhone 5, which I may go to, she will get my iPhone 4S and we won't worry about it.

Now has it been updated to the iPad 3, good question. I am not up on their algorithms to know for sure it they are compatible as far as telling when they reach each critical point in charging to scale back on the trickle charge.

OP
J

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pretty sure it was a freebie app that had good reviews. Not sure if it help any though, I just like it because it lets me know how long until a full charge.

I used it on my first gen iPad when the battery started to drain faster than normal and when i ran it when charging it did seem to help. I used my first gen iPad everyday and on 3G (10 hours+). The first year, I had AT&T and the fastest Internet connection in my neighborhood was 1.5 but realistically I got less than 1Gbps so I used 3G pretty much all the time (AT&T 3G averaged 3Mbps )

Last edited:

Most reactions