1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Battery doctor app

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by johnml, Apr 1, 2012.

1. johnml

johnml iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Anybody have the battery doctor app to monitor their battery? I ran my iPad down to 1% when it shut off. I then plugged in, opened battery doctor app and started charging. At first it said 5 1/2 hours to full charge then when it got to 20% the time remaining to full charge changed to 7 1/2 hours. Weird. Just wondering if anybody had this?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 1
    First, I consider this type of app a waste of time and/or money, but whatever.

Probably the app has not been updated for the new iPad and it's much larger battery yet, and that is why you are getting the unpredictable readings. Check when the last update was done on the App Store, and the version notes.
  3. PaulCarleton

PaulCarleton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Not to get into a big argument about this but I have Battery Doctor and it saved me from turning in a battery on my iPhone that was not fully charging. Did it return it to 100% no, but I was this close to replacing it and Batter Doctor eked out more life on it. My wife now has the phone. We may still need to eventually replace it but it has got at least 6 more months out of it at this point. If we can make it to the iPhone 5, which I may go to, she will get my iPhone 4S and we won't worry about it.

Now has it been updated to the iPad 3, good question. I am not up on their algorithms to know for sure it they are compatible as far as telling when they reach each critical point in charging to scale back on the trickle charge.
  4. johnml

johnml iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I pretty sure it was a freebie app that had good reviews. Not sure if it help any though, I just like it because it lets me know how long until a full charge.

I used it on my first gen iPad when the battery started to drain faster than normal and when i ran it when charging it did seem to help. I used my first gen iPad everyday and on 3G (10 hours+). The first year, I had AT&T and the fastest Internet connection in my neighborhood was 1.5 but realistically I got less than 1Gbps so I used 3G pretty much all the time (AT&T 3G averaged 3Mbps )
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012