What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention Jawbone Jambox owners!

Mrjwilbur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is actually a 'not well documented feature' issue!

When you upgrade or reset using the MyTalk web site you automatically get the latest version of the software installed into your JamBox.

With Version 2 they introduced "Live Audio" which is quite amazing spatial sound software that gives you a separation effect similar to 4 channel stereo. This effect is meant for very personal listening, for one or two people in a quiet environment and it does substantially reduce the volume level.

When you hold down both the + and - keys, for a couple of seconds, in bluetooth mode, the JamBox will announce that it has turned Live Audio On or Off. Once it is Off you can hit the + button a couple of times to get more volume.

This does work charvey802, if it's not working for you try resetting and reinstalling your JamBox software using the instructions on the MyTalk site. I had to do that after my JamBox stopped working entirely during my initial attempts to fix the volume problem.

The truth is if you want the full 85 dB that this device is capable of you must use an audio cable. When you do, you giveup all bluetooth features, Live Audio, speaker phone, etc.

With Live Audio Off you get a good volume and with Live Audio turned on you get the lowest sound levels, but it is crystal clear and beautiful sound. They are using binaural sound principles to do this and I discovered the other day that you can actually play and hear binaural sounds using the JamBox. That alone is a wonderful feature and the first time I've heard a binaural effect without headphones.

I am fully back in love with this device, using it in my practice with great success. It is everything I hoped it would be and it gets better over time because of it's 'smarts'.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gores95 said:
Bumping this thread up. Any updates with the this?

Yes! They finally came out with version 2.1 of the software. This allows you to go back to the original volume or use "live audio"at a lower volume. It works for me.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts