What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Jambox be A Must-Have Audio Accessory for iPad Owners This Holiday Season?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Fortune’s Tech blog highlight’s Jawbone’s Jambox Bluetooth speaker in a feature today, and I have to say that just from reading the article and looking at the photos I already want one! It’s just one of those devices that looks so stylish, and seems to fit so perfectly with the iPad’s cool factor. And, most importantly of course, it apparently sounds amazing too. Jawbone CEO Hosain Rahman tells Fortune that the Jambox is an updated version of the early ‘80s boombox, enabling you to easily share your music, or film or game soundtrack on the move. The Jamboxes will stream music from your phone, laptop, iPad, or from any Bluetooth enabled device, in fact. They come in red, silver, blue and black, with wrap-around painted metal grills in various patterns. In fact they look a little space age, so no wonder they prove to be such a talking point with anyone that sees them.

Jamboxes will be arriving in Apple stores and some Best Buys from November 16th, for $199.

Source: Fortune

Last edited:

quickster47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like one of the major items I will be getting for my iPad. It might even replace my BlueAnt Bluetooth connected speaker system. But to do that it will have to be mighty good and have some great sound.

Carl

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WTF? It's an ugly square box with zero style that has no resemblance to the more modern look of an iPod whatsoever.....and it's 199?!?!

go get yourself a logitech bt speaker or any of the other many BT speakers on the market! Am I missing something here? As I just do not seem what is so special here to justify 199 bucks?

CHT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eh, I'll stick with my Bose speaker for now. The Bluetooth is a nice feature.

Iamking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WTF? It's an ugly square box with zero style that has no resemblance to the more modern look of an iPod whatsoever.....and it's 199?!?!

go get yourself a logitech bt speaker or any of the other many BT speakers on the market! Am I missing something here? As I just do not seem what is so special here to justify 199 bucks?

+1.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ihome is releasing an airplay model this holiday...that will bevthe one to get...network connected is way better than Bluetooth.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard about that on one of the CNET Buzz Out Loud episodes. They had one live in the studio and they were pretty impressed with it - but the price...less so.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the Jambox be A Must-Have Audio Accessory for iPad Owners This Holiday Season?
At $200 - probably not!

Most reactions