What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistance needed - Did someone hack my iPad?

glfprncss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - my iPad was sitting on the table and was recently charged, but I have not used it in several days. I was on the phone and then I heard a song start to play on my iPad - when I went to push the stop button or pause, it wouldn't respond and the only way to stop it was to turn the iPad off... When I turned it back on, my password doesn't work and is "disabled".... The song that was playing is one I had not accessed for a long time and was given to me by someone who previously had access to my iPad.... Is it possible he gained access, or do you think it is a malfunction of the iPad? I am not IPad savy... Thank you for your assistance!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Does he know your Apple/iCloud ID and password? This sounds as if Find my iPad/iPhone is enabled, and he used Lost Mode to lock it. Afaik it's also possible to play sounds, I don't know if it's possible to play songs that way.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Does he know your Apple/iCloud ID and password? This sounds as if Find my iPad/iPhone is enabled, and he used Lost Mode to lock it. Afaik it's also possible to play sounds, I don't know if it's possible to play songs that way.

He might have used Find My iPhone, but its not possible to play songs that way. Its a predefined buzzer that plays when the 'play sound' option is used.

Most reactions