Someone got my iTunes account!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by wdpower, Jun 18, 2010.

1. wdpower

wdpower
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So Amex calls me today and asks me if the three charges for forty bucks each from iTunes is mine. I check my iTunes account and find some has been buying music since yesterday afternoon on my account. The only time i access my account is on my iPad. I've started the pleasantries of changing passwords, just wintering how this happened.

I've now been on hold with apple for a half an hour listening to some horendice crap music.

Man am i freaked out, never had my info stolen before.

2. Code54

Code54
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Make sure you also check for any other charges and get them on hold asap. I would also change any other accounts that you have and use the same password for. Good luck and sorry to hear about this - I hate thieves!

3. Joker

Joker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the guy hacked in your computer? I don't know much about hackin' and stuff.

4. idbirch

idbirch
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My account was hacked a month or so back. My bank called asking if I'd spent about £40 on iTunes, which I hadn't. When I logged into the iTunes store, the regional settings were now Chinese and they had bought a few apps and games.

My credit card issuer gave me the money back no problems but it made me realise how insecure the app store is, I still don't think it's right that you can make purchases with just a single password. All other services I use at least employ mastercard's securecode system, apple use sod all.

5. wdpower

wdpower
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So far they have my account up to $800.00 Apple says there is nothing they can do, they can't remove the pending purchases or anything. I basically need to keep getting new credit cards and putting them on there and dispute them all.

One guy at apple told me that I should log out of my iTunes account on my iPad after each use.

I don't know if this is because of the JB on my iPad or not but first thing this am I restored the ipad fully and changed my password again.

6. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Could have been a number of things.

I would also change the password on my email account. If they get your email password they can just read through your emails for any companies that your signed up with and then visit the site to request your password reminder be emailed to you where they could then read it and delete the message without you even knowing.

7. wdpower

wdpower
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Did not think of that, seeing as my Apple ID is my email. :(

8. wdpower

wdpower
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well it took a couple of days and about seven calls. They finally got all the pending purchases off my account and reset my password. They say I should be all set. We'll see.

9. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    is your email a Gmail account?

If so they have some new security features, you can go into the settings and get the IP address and locations of where you have signed in. See if someone in another state/country has been signing in. The IP could be used to track down the person and im sure your CeditCard company would be interested in knowing the info for their investigation.

10. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Did you change to root password when you did the jailbreak? Do you use open wifi networks to make purchases?