What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps Copied to iPhone 5S

abredt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5S and just got an iPad Mini.

Can I get my apps and books copied to the iPad without using iTunes? I have not used iTunes and it seems complicated.

Thanks, cb

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The apps that are available for the iPad, can be found in the App Store, the Purchased tab. At the top left, select "iPad Apps", then choose "iPhone Apps", this will show all your purchased apps with a cloud next to them. To download them, tap the cloud.

If you purchased books from iBooks Store, open the app after installing, and go to the Purchased tab, where you will find them. Again: tap the cloud to get them to the iPad.

Hope that helps.

bab2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the apps store, log in with your account details then go to the "purchase" tab, there you will find all the apps you have downloaded for your iPhone. Those of your apps available for ipad will be display there, you can download them into your ipad. Do the same by going to the book store using your account. Alternatively, you can enable the automatic download option found in settings> iTunes & Apps store> automatic download/ there you can turn on thing you want to have automatic download on your other iDevices once you download them first time in one of your iDevice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to load more than one at a time. Tap the clouds next to the apps you need. When you go to the homescreen again, you'll find some of the apps loading and others waiting. It could take some time, depending of the size of the apps, to get them all to your device.

Same goes for iBooks.

Downloading apps/books could slow down the internet connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts