What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Drop problems on mini?

Jwklinck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble getting AirDrop to work from the mini? It works with my IPAD 5s and IPAD Air, but the mini never comes up when I try to transfer a picture.

I've checked all the settings and Bluetooth is on and working.

Jim Klinck

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jim - welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters are you running iOS 7 on your iPad Mini? And do you have both BT & Wi-Fi running on the device when attempting to use AirDrop? Let us know the answers to these questions and if not helpful, then please post back - Dave

OP
J

Jwklinck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. It's a Mini with a Retina display running latest update of ios7. Bluetooth and wifi are both on and working.

Jim Klinck

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. It's a Mini with a Retina display running latest update of ios7. Bluetooth and wifi are both on and working.

Hi again Jim - I'm sure that you've already tried a 'Reset' on the iPad Mini and probably did not help - right? Now I have an iPad2 (w/ iOS 7) - AirDrop is not an option for me (believe related to updates to the radios in these devices) - but just started some googling and this seems to be an issue - check HERE for some frustrating comments of others in your same situation - don't know that I can help much more but hope others will 'chime in' - good luck! Dave :)

OP
J

Jwklinck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's interesting, I checked the a Google link you provided and it seems others are having the same problem with the mini retina.

Yes I have tried resetting both devices and turnin airdrop off and on. It is set to "everyone" so it should not be a contacts limitation.

The last time I tried it I could not get the mini recognized by the sending IPAD Air, but when I turned on my iPhone 5s, it immediately came up on the IPAD and I was able to transfer the picture. The mini never came up at all and I had to give up.

I have had no luck either sending or receiving from the mini.

Maybe I have to wait for the next ios7 drop and hope it's a bug that gets fixed. I am now out of ideas....

Jim Klinck

Most reactions

Latest posts