Air Drop problems on mini?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Jwklinck, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Jwklinck

Jwklinck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else having trouble getting AirDrop to work from the mini? It works with my IPAD 5s and IPAD Air, but the mini never comes up when I try to transfer a picture.

I've checked all the settings and Bluetooth is on and working.

Jim Klinck

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Jim - welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters are you running iOS 7 on your iPad Mini? And do you have both BT & Wi-Fi running on the device when attempting to use AirDrop? Let us know the answers to these questions and if not helpful, then please post back - Dave

3. Jwklinck

Jwklinck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes. It's a Mini with a Retina display running latest update of ios7. Bluetooth and wifi are both on and working.

Jim Klinck

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi again Jim - I'm sure that you've already tried a 'Reset' on the iPad Mini and probably did not help - right? Now I have an iPad2 (w/ iOS 7) - AirDrop is not an option for me (believe related to updates to the radios in these devices) - but just started some googling and this seems to be an issue - check HERE for some frustrating comments of others in your same situation - don't know that I can help much more but hope others will 'chime in' - good luck! Dave :)

5. Jwklinck

Jwklinck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It's interesting, I checked the a Google link you provided and it seems others are having the same problem with the mini retina.

Yes I have tried resetting both devices and turnin airdrop off and on. It is set to "everyone" so it should not be a contacts limitation.

The last time I tried it I could not get the mini recognized by the sending IPAD Air, but when I turned on my iPhone 5s, it immediately came up on the IPAD and I was able to transfer the picture. The mini never came up at all and I had to give up.

I have had no luck either sending or receiving from the mini.

Maybe I have to wait for the next ios7 drop and hope it's a bug that gets fixed. I am now out of ideas....

Jim Klinck