What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy Cheaper at Costco?

abredt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 64 GIG iPad Mini with Retina Display is $ 20 cheaper at Costco than at Apple.
It also comes with a $40 iTunes gift card, but I do not plan on putting music on it.

Is there any disadvantage to buying it there?
Can I take it to the Apple Store and buy the $99 iCare Plus for it?

Thanks, cb

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 64 GIG iPad Mini with Retina Display is $ 20 cheaper at Costco than at Apple.
It also comes with a $40 iTunes gift card, but I do not plan on putting music on it.

Is there any disadvantage to buying it there?
Can I take it to the Apple Store and buy the $99 iCare Plus for it?

Thanks, cb

I don't see any disadvantage at buying the iPad at Costco. You still get enrolled in the "regular" Apple 1-year warranty (you may have to activate it online/through Apple with proof-of-purchase). Then at any time within that year, you can still buy the AppleCare+ plan. So, no worries there.

Just to note, the iTunes gift card is not just good for music. It can be used at the AppStore (via the iPad) to buy apps with. I'm sure there will be lots of neat apps you can buy with that $40...

So, the $20 cheaper PLUS the $40 gift card, to me, is a pretty good deal. I see no downside.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then at any time within that year, you can still buy the AppleCare+ plan. So, no worries there. . .

You have to purchase AppleCare+ within 60 days of the iPad's purchase. If it is not purchased at the same time as the iPad you are also required to have the iPad inspected; to be sure you haven't abused or broken the iPad.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html

In the U.S. anyway the rules vary slightly depending on country, due to different regulations.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to purchase AppleCare+ within 60 days of the iPad's purchase. If it is not purchased at the same time as the iPad you are also required to have the iPad inspected; to be sure you haven't abused or broken the iPad.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html

In the U.S. anyway the rules vary slightly depending on country, due to different regulations.

Oops, my bad!

Thanks for the "straight scoop," twerppoet. I appreciate it.

Marilyn

Most reactions