What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fed Up With iPad Case?

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had and returned lots of cases. The ones I have now are a Pad & Quill Octavo, an iLuv gel case, and a Switcheasy canvas. None of these do exactly what I want. I want something that shows the slim form factor of the iPad 2 and has some kind of stand. I've looked at some of the smart cover-ish cases and am even considering the smart cover itself with a back case.

Is anyone else bored with their current case, fed up with it not being exactly what you want, or just looking for something different?

Last edited by a moderator:

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been so busy playing with it and my new iPhone that I haven't even thought about the case.:)

Cde054

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belkin make a very good one, also acts as a stand. Visiting the USA went into an Apple shop and was informed that had not seen one B4. Purchased in Australia.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is perfect in terms of functionality and convenience but I find it homely. After scouring the forum and the Internet, I found a case I love that is not as practical and quite pricey. I think I'm looking for something that can top it that is less expensive. I'll need to be patient.

OP
jasmynsway

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asharp said:
Mine is perfect in terms of functionality and convenience but I find it homely. After scouring the forum and the Internet, I found a case I love that is not as practical and quite pricey. I think I'm looking for something that can top it that is less expensive. I'll need to be patient.

What's the case?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If that's the case, I need an attorney who will take my case about the awful case I have now so I can make some money and case the new cases coming out next month.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Smartcover as more of a utility (for typing and viewing positioning) as well as a screen protector and a Targus Hughes Leather folio case. I got it new when it first came out right at the same time I got my iPad 1 a month after Apple released it. Back then it was over $60. You can get it from Amazon for $26 today. It's an EXCELLENT case. Nice, thick padding on both sides, elegant looking yet doesn't scream "expensive gadget inside!", great construction, very durable, slender and it just feels nice. The inside is the same material you'd find in a nice suit jacket. Simple design. Fits both the iPad 1 and 2 perfectly.

http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?sku=TES00701US

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Casecrown Bold has been everything I want. It holds the iPad well, its NOT bulky or burdensome, and has a system to fold the front cover under and attach it to a flap that lets the iPad sit at the perfect angle on a flat surface for typing/reading/browsing. It also has functional magnets to put the unit to sleep when you close it. Looks nice too. Cost me under $25 bucks to my door. Works for me!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
What's the case?

The Nebula iPad 2 case by Lotie sold by Grove.

I like the version in London tan. For now, I am content to just look at it. While the price is a one of main reasons I haven't bought it (yet), there are other strikes against it, e.g., having to "baby" the smart cover: Over time, the cover is likely to develop creases due to repeated folding. I'm actually experimenting with workarounds to the creasing issue, e.g., the Mobile Stand for Tablet PC by Neewer, but I just started using it today, so I'm not ready to post a review of it.

I am tired of my monochrome black Apple smart cover and clamshell back cover. I'm interested in cases that are either colorful and/ or have a pattern or one made of organic material.

I've found a few bamboo and other wood cases and also those made of fabric with bright and interesting patterns, but so far they haven't motivated me to part with my money.

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else bored with their current case, fed up with it not being exactly what you want, or just looking for something different?
Not here but I just wanted a durable leather case with leather that will develop character from wear, scratches, etc. The one I picked does exactly what I want. It doesn't have magnets to turn the iPad on when I open the cover and it's not the best stand but none of that stuff really mattered to me. Guess it all depends on what you're after.

OP
jasmynsway

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm no longer fed up. Ditched my other cases for a black smart cover and Zum SC Ultimate. Very pleased so far.

Emma_soji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a pink gumdrop rubbery case that seems quite protective. It's not sleek but I could conceivably have an 'oops' and not have a dead iPad. I have a similar one for my iPhone and it survived a night in the rain. I was impressed. however, It would be nice to be able to see how sleek and nice it looks.

juswin24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rocketfish Ipad 2 Capsule from Best Buy. (I'm to new to post link) This is the case I use at home. I really protects and functions well. It's pricey but I feel it's worth it. I've only seen this at Best Buy, I think it's their speacility product line.

PeterFrand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new iPad is lighter and thinner so the case won't fit on the new one. Also it will have front and back cameras, an old case would cover those! So, I would suggest a ebelow smart cover (the new cover that apple designed for the iPad) or wait a while for some other cases to come out. An old case will not work with the new iPad because the back shape of the iPad is different curved vs. beveled. Good luck getting an iPad on Friday, I'll be trying to get one too!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my Oberon Design case from day one, and added a moleskine-style book case from Treegloo a bit later - and I'm pretty satisfied with both. They'll outlast the life of the device, so no need to look further for me...

Most reactions

Latest posts