1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App Store Not Downloading Apps or Updates

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Sketchie, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Sketchie

Sketchie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    App Store Not Downloading Purchased Apps or Updates

I seem to have encountered a problem with the App Store. For some reason, whenever I try to download an app or an update to an app, the App Store would ask me to sign in - even though I'm already signed in prior.

When I sign in, a notification pops up saying that I need to sign in. Even after signing in, it still asks me to sign in - see the problem here? It's basically just looping into itself!

I tried signing out of the Store and signing back in in the Settings menu - it works just fine. However, it doesn't seem to work with the App Store for some reason.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks!!

EDIT: My parents bought a new router yesterday, would that be the reason why it's not working properly?

EDIT 2: After respringing and restarting my iPad, I've noticed three things: I can download a new app just fine. If I try to download an app from the Purchased tab, it asks me to sign in in an endless loop. If I try to update an app, a notification pops up saying that it is outdated, and refreshing the update list doesn't even do anything (I don't think it even does anyway!!).

EDIT 3: I was able to update my apps by going into the iTunes store on my computer and syncing the updates to my iPad. Still annoying though.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012