What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download free apps or update current ones

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have a debit card on file. Usually i'm fine with downloading and usually the only time I have this problem is when I don't have any money on the card or the balance goes in the negative. It seems silly that I need money on my card to download a free app or even update an old one but it is what it is. The problem I'm having right now is I can't download any free app or update old ones even though I have money on the card. I have $2.85 on my card, not much mind you but its still something. My bank account already takes pending transactions into account and I still am left with a balance of 2.85, so whats the problem? When I try it says "sign in required". Once I give it my password it comes up in red and says "There's a billing problem with a previous purchase, please update your payment method. I put the right info back in and it says the" payment method was declined. Please enter another payment method. " I'm not trying to buy anything! It won't even tell me what the payment issue is. Please help

ewoodson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try changing the address you have on file. We had this issue and the person adjusted the address by adding a period and it worked just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts