What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store and iPad Only

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Something I thought that I would mention in case others have not noticed it.

The search results for an app shows a menu heading of iPad only. If you look at the menu popup, you will see iphone only as the other option. Try iphone only as almost everytime I have checked if for some app or other, an app has appeared here, being supposedly only for the iphone, but the description often lists the iPad as well!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I thought that I would mention in case others have not noticed it.

The search results for an app shows a menu heading of iPad only. If you look at the menu popup, you will see iphone only as the other option. Try iphone only as almost everytime I have checked if for some app or other, an app has appeared here, being supposedly only for the iphone, but the description often lists the iPad as well!
This would be an app that will run on an iPad but is optimized for the iPhone. What you'll get on the iPad is a blown up iPhone app.

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get your point, but there have been times when an app gas been recommended here. I have looked on the app store, but not found it, so looked under iphone only and found it listed as compatible with iphone, iPad (and ipod)

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting, but not having an iphone (or smart phone!) not one I could come across -but working on it.... Don't like to show my dumb phone in public in case someone pinches it as a historic item -like a museum

Most reactions

Latest posts