1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App Store erratic behavior

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gnurotic, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gnurotic

gnurotic iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've noticed the following inconsistencies:

When I'm browsing apps and have one particular the "most popular" sort option on, then select an app to read more about it, when I tap to return to the category (or whatever) view, sometimes I will be returned to where I was immediately previously with apps sorted by most popular .. And sometimes I am returned to the category view with the apps sorted by Release Date. This seems to occur randomly and is quite annoying given the huge number of apps and the app store's extremely broad categorization scheme.

A more localized anomaly occurred when I went to review the info for the Magic Calculator app on the app store. In this case, the button to return to the category view was not displaying. Every time I started the app store app it opened the page for Magic Calculator. I was only able to stop this by putting "app store" in the search box.

Any explanations ??
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Many Members have noticed this erratic behaviour -- so it's not just you. Yes, it's very very annoying and why Apple hasn't fixed this is beyond belief. If you search the Forum you'll find a few workarounds, but none are truly satisfactory. Let's hope they fix it soon....

Tim