What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app for Ipad 2 or ipod?

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi . . . just picked up two ipad 2's a few days ago.
I've done a searches here and in Google, but can't find my answer. . .

When I go to download the Facebook app in the app store it only shows it under the lower iphone section. Most apps i install are in the upper "ipad" section. The only app I see under ipad for free is MyPad.
There is no plus sign in the iphone Facebbok app which indicates it's OK for both devices.

Are they both one and the same? Does it matter that i installed the only one listed which is under iphone?

Or did the ipad already come with Facebook for ipad pre-installed (I can't remember). Mine says version 3.4.4

My issue is I'm having problems getting out of a string of pictures. It's hit or miss tapping around at the bottom of a pic looking for the newsfeed home page's icon to re-open. I have to kill the app in order to continue!

thx

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No Facebook app for iPad yet, but one is in the works. I use Friendly for Facebook. I think the one I use is still free. There is a plus version also.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The + sign just means the app is optimised for both iPhone and iPad. The iPad will quite happily run unoptimised iPhone apps but they won't look as good. Facebook have not yet released the official iPad optimised app, although are plenty of third party alternatives available.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for those quick responses.
Amazing to me that Facebook does not have a specific app for the ipad yet.

The iphone app runs ok, but like the other poster has said it does not look as good. It's also not as easy to navigate around as the Facebook app that's on my Droid Charge device.

Don't want to deal with any paid apps just yet.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly for Facebook is not working on my iPad

I just downloaded it. It works on my two ipads. Try deleting it and re-installing it. You might have a program it's conflicting with too!

Also, I just found out I could go directly to Faceebook on my ipad through the Safari browser. I never knew this. I thought one could only view Facebook with a downloaded mobile app.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like Friendly all that much. I tried Friendly, Facely, and MyPad (the 3 Facebook apps that I know of), and while MyPad isn't perfect, it's the one I kept and use daily. All three of these apps have free versions.

M

Manou

I don't like Friendly all that much. I tried Friendly, Facely, and MyPad (the 3 Facebook apps that I know of), and while MyPad isn't perfect, it's the one I kept and use daily. All three of these apps have free versions.

Same here, I prefer MyPad from all the othr 3rd party facebook app.

Most reactions

Latest posts