What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders app: a help to cooks ( come on in and add how you are using this app too)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Clothes washing powder?

Okay ~ am I just not paying attention. And it is early here in Cali. But isn't this a recipe list for Marshmallow Surprise?

I'm confused....

Why do you think it's called a surprise!

The Archangel

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
doh.gif

I got it. Cleaning list ~ different lists!

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I got it. Cleaning list ~ different lists!

Well sort of!

One supermarket shopping list, lots of random items - cleaning, food, alcohol etc. Included in the shopping list is a specific ingredient list for one particular recipe. Sorry to have caused confusion!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great thread Jockstrap. I'm a subscriber! ( now why do I have a song in my head? Now I'm a believer?)

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
Another feature I'd like in the Reminders, is to be able to move the items up and down the list, eg, i'd like to be able to group all the dairy products, fruit and veg etc together in the list, roughly in the shop's aisles order, to save having to scroll up and down a long list all the time.
The order in the list seems fixed according to the time it was added, unless I'm missing a trick.

Me too. The idea of arranging and rearranging items would be very helpful indeed and not just for shopping.

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of us with Mac's, reminders show up in your iCal(calendar), where you can add/delete/check/uncheck/edit reminders....create a reminder list, etc.
So basically your reminders show up when alerted on your Mac's screen too(via iCloud).

Cool.

works with outlook too.

Reminders for managing to do lists
  • Syncs with iCloud, iCal and Outlook
  • Location-based reminders when you leave or arrive at a location for iPhone 4S and iPhone 4

Last edited:

tyjohnsondavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, TOO, would love it if you could rearrange items within lists.... So frustrating. I've been trying Figure out how to do so for a week... Finally came here to see confirmation that I CAN'T? Grrrr. Seems like such a simple concept. I even tried to get around it in the date reminder settings by changing the time to remind me... To no avail. Items are still listed in the order I entered them . :(

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app sounds great but I can't find it Is it a built-in app or do you need to download it from the app store? Either way I can't find it. Please can someone point me to it? Thanks.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app sounds great but I can't find it Is it a built-in app or do you need to download it from the app store? Either way I can't find it. Please can someone point me to it? Thanks.

only available with iOS 5+, and it is a stock app, comes pre-installed with the update to iOS 5.

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, thanks, that makes sense as I have yet to upgrade - dodgy laptop overheating and I don't trust it not to fail right in the middle of the update. I'll be very interested in this app when I do update though.

Most reactions