What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for uni student: pdf annotation, word and powerpoint file editing functions

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jprint714 said:
Quick related question: What's the best app for annotating word doc's? I've heard Pages / iWorks, but have found that others recommend Documents 2 Go. I'm mainly interested in annotating word doc's w/ my stylus on my iPad. Any suggestions about the best app to get? Thanks!

Stylus, you mean like handwriting annotations onto the document?

Because that won't work with Pages, as Pages only let's you use the keyboard for input.

I would just convert all documents to PDF and then use iannotate for taking notes on the documents.

But I might have misunderstood, what you intend to do.

+1

Pages not only only uses the keyboard, on the iPad it has no comment or track changes function. Marking up a pdf is the only way I have found to comment on a document but it's clunky so I usually fire up the lappie instead. GoodReader is good for pdf annotating and many other things too.

BaconDanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iAnnotate automatically converts docs to pdf's so you can annotate them, with stylus or typing. I use it all the time :) You have to go into settings and activate "experimental features" for it to work though. If you want to annotate docs and keep them as docs I can't help you as iAnnotate saves the files as pdfs. I hope this answers your question :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts