1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Student notebook apps??

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by eman2220, Apr 23, 2011.

1. eman2220

eman2220 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a college student in a class where powerpoint handouts are common. What I'd like to do with an app is scan the powerpoint into whatever app is out there and be able to take handwritten notes on the scan directly on my ipad2. If possible I'd also like to record the lecture audibly without the profesoor knowing I'm recording. Is all of this possible with one app? I see some scanner apps, but I don't know if they allow a user to do handwritten notes. Basically in a nut shell, what would you recommend to a newbie who is looking to rid himself of notebooks? Thanks in advance!
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Apple's Keynote app can read PowerPoint files and export them as PDF. Then there are several app's that can be used to annotate them - such as GoodReader and iAnnotate. Notes Plus can record iPad audio too and can be used for handwritten notes as well as typed material.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  3. Tom811

Tom811 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Notability allows you to record a lecture and take notes at the same time. No handwritten notes though. Upad allows you to take handwritten notes and you could import them into notability. Notability has a excellent method of sorting notes. I use both and I'm very satisfied.
  4. Svenster

Svenster iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are there any apps that do both hand writing and recording? If not how do you import Upad notes into Notability? I have both.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
  5. bdegrande

bdegrande iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use Underscore Notify, which does everything including handwriting recognition with an optional in app putchase, However, there is a very long best note taking app thread here, look through that, it will give you many alternatives.
  6. Cybersma

Cybersma iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Noterize might be worth a look for you. It will import Power Point and PDFs and allow annotation of those files. Handwritten functions include Pen mode (6 solid colors) and Highlighter mode (6 transparent colors). Both of those can be scaled from very small to large pen size with a slider on the top. Since handwritten notes usually come out fairly large on the iPad I like to zoom in to write so that when I zoom out the writting is a little more manageable. There is also a text mode which allows you to type on a regular page or type into boxes. I prefer the boxes as I can move them later to better organize them. The type is also fully and quickly adjustable. There is also an eraser function.

There is an audio recorder built in. The one thing I don't like about it is that it records audio separately for each page which can become fairly sliced up on a 100 page Power Point lecture. It does, however allow you to listen to the part of the lecture associated with the page you are on.

I have not used the import function inside any of the documents but apparently you can import pictures for placement in your note as well. Export is only in PDF format however.

I use ReaddleDocs and Save2PDF to allow me to import other types of docs and print them to PDF for Noterize.

Hope that helps.
  7. eman2220

eman2220 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much for your input. I'll try it out!
  8. eman2220

eman2220 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    noterize seems to be the way to go!
  9. kingnba6

kingnba6 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    what app is there, that i can easily view powerpoints/pdf or even websites and also take notes ? i would like the ability to record the lecture and also be able to sync it soemthing like google docs or drop box
  10. owsc2010

owsc2010 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Noterize
  11. nursingstudent

nursingstudent iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking for an ipad app that will allow me to view powerpoints in a way that I can see the slide and the presenter notes (and add to the presenter notes during lecture) at the same time. Does anyone use an app like this?