What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any thoughts on preventing this?

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've decided to stay with the latest version of IOS 9. It's works very well and no need to change what's working. The problem is on this particular iPad, with it having the most empty storage, IOS 10 automatically downloads taking up as you can see the most room af any other app. Worse yet is that it will ask me EVERY DAY if I want to install it. I've deleted this download (which is not nice on my data plan) 3 times now.

The 2 solutions I already know of and don't want to hear are- to install it, fill the iPad up so it can't download. Anything else?

image.jpeg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS updates only automatically download if the iPad is asleep with WiFi turned on and connected to the charger. If you turn off WiFi before plugging the iPad into the charger it will stop the update from downloading.

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I charge this iPad once per week. When I do the iPad gets turned all the way off- not sleep mode. However, their are a few times it will need to be plugged in while I'm still using it. So that's the culprit then. I'll try to change my charging habits and not let the iPad drain down quite so far so to get though using it without charging it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I charge this iPad once per week. When I do the iPad gets turned all the way off- not sleep mode. However, their are a few times it will need to be plugged in while I'm still using it. So that's the culprit then. I'll try to change my charging habits and not let the iPad drain down quite so far so to get though using it without charging it.
The iPad will not automatically download iOS updates if you're using the iPad when it's plugged into the charger. That will only happen after the iPad goes to sleep.

zohaali146

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS updates only automatically download if the iPad is asleep with WiFi turned on and connected to the charger. If you turn off WiFi before plugging the iPad into the charger it will stop the update from downloading.

I am a person, who hates forceful updates and ios version update is one of my corcerns too. Thanks for your reply, will make sure to follow the trick.

Most reactions

Latest posts