What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air flash storage

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello. I have a question or maybe just a thought about the iPad airs flash storage and IOS 8. I've been running the iPad through my iPhones hotspot and that's been working really well for me. Yesterday i went into settings and had a look at remaining storage (for other reasons) and it showed 1.9 G left. Went about the morning, remembered the IOS 8 was dropping and was hopeful i could update to the latest IOS 7 before it's to late. I've been displeased with some of the OS updates in the past in how the devices run with them and i have decided to remain on 7 where I'm happy with it. Checked- too late. IOS 8 is there. I know that in the past IOS forces a download and waits for us to install it and I did not want this eating up storage because I have no plans to go to 8. I ALSO checked my flash storage since "checking for update" and it had blown down to 1.4 G in just a handful of minutes! That means since I checked for the software update it was already trying to download it. I quickly shut off wifi and rechecked. Sure enough I'm back to 1.9 G. So now I'm using the iPad with my iPhones hotspot through bluetooth because IOS updates require a wifi connection to download. Dang, I'm going to have to use my bluetooth hotspot unless i fill the iPad with something that does not leave enough space for the new IOS to auto download wont I?

Thanks for listening. Any advice will be listened to.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts