What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update to 7.1 woes.

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

Firstly a quick summation. I downloaded the latest version OS to my iPad 2.

Too cut a long story short it went horribly pear shaped and the only way out for me was to completely restore the iPad to factory specs, (if that is what you call it) and then go about re-install/recover from a backup all my Apps. I eventually completed this task (but I lost all my movies that I had installed, that I can fix later), but worse and most important, my Hema 4 x 4 program was damaged in that I lost the map files to the UBD WA-NT maps.

I eventually managed to get all my maps back but all accept for the UBD WA and NT.

When I opened the Apps transfer page within iTunes, (for want of a better name) this is where all the Apps on the iPad are listed, next to my Hema App, (after I hi-lited it) were the missing maps but they were in a zipped format. Now I know that in the right side window, only files are supposed to be dragged (moved) into it, not folders, as I am told these do not work, so that Zip file in there is totally useless. To make things worse,it is of a considerable size, a waste of storage space.

Before I set about reinstalling the missing files as I am supposed to do, I would very much like to remove/delete that large zip file from that right window, BUT HOW CAN I DO THAT?

I have tried everything that I can think of, but still it remains.

Any advice mostly appreciated.

Regards

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

The problem has been solved. I am embarrassed to admit just how simple it was. All I had to do was to hi-lite the desired zip file and click delete on the PC keyboard. I would have bet almost anything that I had tried this method to delete a number of times, and yet there it is.

Like I said, I am rather red faced in this issue. Here I was looking complicated procedures when the easiest of all was right there in my face. :eek:

Regards

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted and don't beat yourself up about it, we have all been there! ;)

Thanks for letting us know also!!

Most reactions