What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antispam capable email apps

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, spam filters work on the server, so it's up to your e-mail provider (or ISP) to have filters. The iPad is just a mirror of what is up on the server, so you'll have to modify your settings there.

Marilyn

OP
P

Pennysworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, spam filters work on the server, so it's up to your e-mail provider (or ISP) to have filters. The iPad is just a mirror of what is up on the server, so you'll have to modify your settings there.

Marilyn

That's what I understand. But on my iMac my Thunderbird catches nearly all the spam, so why can't iMail on the iPad? Or any other email app, for that matter?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I route all my email addresses through gmail. It catches most, but not all, of the spam before it gets to either my Mac or my iPad. We're talking several hundred per day! Gmail has very good spam filtering, plus it's easy to create filters manually, either white or black. Spam is retained on the server for 30 days by default, in case of false positives. There are a couple of hoops through which to jump so you can use your existing non-gmail return address(es), but that's a straightforward one-time setup task. Of course, you'll want to use IMAP, not POP, so your multiple computers will stay synched.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts