1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need info re low vision uses of Ipad - video usb input?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by janet_h, Apr 27, 2011.

1. janet_h

janet_h iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hoping someone there will be able to help. My 90 year old mother in law has developed macular degeneration which affects the central vision of the eye. I am aware of the accessibility capabilities like Zoom and reverse type. She needs magnification to help her fill out a check, write out envelopes for her bills and make handwritten entries into her check register. I have found a camera on a stand, but it has USB input. Is there any way to get this video input into the iPad?

Thanks!!
  2. Quicksilver71

Quicksilver71 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure what a camera would achieve in the circumstances? This happened to my husband's grandmother and we bought her a magnifying glass with a light attached to it. A bit low tech but it did the trick for her!