What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one sad enough .....

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have left the plastic protective cover it came wrapped in intact until I can buy a screen protector. I think my husband thinks I am sad but I don't want either fingerprint marks or scratches!

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I struggled getting my screen protector on. I may end up taking it off because of the bubbles. Just plain frustrating!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eh, I see it more as a tool. I just wipe it off once a day, and I haven't bothered with a screen protector. In fact, I noticed it's already picked up a couple of scratches; gives it character. ;)

Ominx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kept the factory wrap on for a day until I had a chance to apply my screen protector so you aren't crazy. Then again, I'm not sure how long you've been sporting it. ;)

Holly, all screen protectors are NOT alike. It was tough to spend $25 on a screen protector, but after reading all the positive reviews for the Power Support anti-glare I pulled the trigger. I have no regrets at all. It makes such a big difference in usability by keeping the glare and finger prints to a minimum. Plus, the feel is just great. It's smooth but doesn't give that sticky glass feel when swiping for a while. Hope that makes sense.

The best part... it was pretty easy to install! I am crazy OCD when it comes to things like proper alignment, bubbles, dust, etc and the Power Support film is great. The bubbles pressed right out without too much effort.

My iPhone is naked, but a quick swipe on my sleeve and the fingerprints are gone. Not so easy with the iPad. After using my friends naked iPad for a weekend before getting mine I knew screen protection was necessary.

iLuvMyMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wytchecraft.com
The screen is the same as the iPhone 3GS. I've had that without a cover for almost a year and it doesn't have a single scratch. If you don't throw it in a bag with your keys and junk it'll be fine.

magrat22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen is super hardy you really don't need to worry about scratches well as long as you don't go hitting it with a baseball bat. See to believe: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-sRbeBehNs"]YouTube - iPhone v. Microtech Knife[/ame]
Obviously the glass on the iPad covers a greater surface area but it is the same hardened glass it really is safe to leave it in a bag full of coins and keys. Another video (annoying but it gets the point across) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLouoUppQnM"]YouTube - iPod Touch Scratch Tests . . . Will It Survive?[/ame]

I getcha re: the plastic I usually leave it on any new gadget I buy but Apple stuff is just built to last :)

Ominx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the same way with my iPhone, but the oil resistant coating on my iPhone 3GS (and iPad) does indeed scratch. It's not so bad on a small screen, but on the iPad it could become annoying. Also, glare and fingerprints are less of a concern on the iPhone than they are on the large screen iPad so there is some value in an anti-glare protector.

If I had to describe what the Power Support screen protector is like, I would say it is very similar to a matte LCD versus a glossy LCD on a MacBook Pro. If not for anything else, I feel the matte screen is an advantage. Of course that is personal opinion.

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I pulled the plastic off, and started using it. As I have said before, I never use screen protectors on any device, there is simply no real need to. But, if it makes you feel better, than go for it!

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never saw the need for screen protectors and personally think they look tacky as h3ll.

You have to be pretty destructive or unlucky to scratch one of these things. Taking reasonable care has always worked for me.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One can always wear surgical gloves...

I use my iPad in a Griffin case. it's not well designed. The top right corner retainer is right on top of the power button. Not quite bright...

iamfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No screen protector here, since day 1 of wifi launch. Moves from apple case to naked, and into a neoprene sleeve. I use the screen cleaner thing that came with the MacBook or iMacs. Works great.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have left the plastic protective cover it came wrapped in intact until I can buy a screen protector. I think my husband thinks I am sad but I don't want either fingerprint marks or scratches!

I was doing the same thing all evening Friday and morning Saturday until I could get in to Best Buy and pick up an invisible shield.

I now have a full body Invisible Shield protecting my device. I've had one on my iPhone from day one and love the protection it provides from scratches in bags, etc.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use a screen protector, based on my experiences with all three models of the iPhone. I carry my phone without a case, it goes everywhere with me, often just thrown into my purse with everything else, and I've never had a scratch. And I've never tried a screen protector I could stand.

Kingv84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never used a screen protector on my 1 year old iPhone 3GS and it looks as new as the first day I popped it out of its box. The same goes with my iPad 3G, the screen on these things are scratch proof. You have to be very careless to scratch these things, do not play with them with a screwdriver or poke it with nails. lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts