1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Adding websites to home screen

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jmariew, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Jmariew

Jmariew iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have several websites on my home screen . I have placed them in folders on my home screen for easy access.What does this do to the performance of the iPad? I have an iPad 1. Just wondering if it would be better to bookmark the websites in Safari.
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Rest assured it will have zero impact. It's simply a web shortcut and they use no more appreciable resources over any other method of bookmarking. Don't sweat it :)
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Doesn't do anything, that I know of. It's a major design feature of the iPad (built right into Safari), so I can't see how Apple would allow it to bork up the iPad.

I've had those types of bookmarks on my iPad for many, many months. As far as I can tell, I've had no trouble with them. 'Sides, they are very handy, aren't they? I know lots of people here that do as you do - make folders of the various bookmarks. Never heard of any troubles...

So, while this is the advice of one anonymous person on the Interwebz, I say go on and enjoy your bookmarks. There's no harm in using them. And, it's one step less than using book marks in Safari ... :D

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn