What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home screen bookmarks

Reaction score
I too have been unsuccessful trying to create my own bookmark icons for websites that do not have one. I tried to bookmark a site and get a plain white square. I tried the above instructions but still am having a hard time getting it to work. It will work on my computer fine, but when I do the exact same thing on my iPad, I get a white box with a blue question mark like it isn't supported.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two apps available in the Apple Store that'll do the work for you of creating a nice-looking icon on your springboard. They are Touch Icon Creator and Iconizer (both $.99 USD).

They both help you create icons for e-mail and URLs, while Iconizer will also allow you to set up a short cut/bookmark to make Facetime calls or Skype calls/chats. Note that I've not tried the latter two.

You find a picture of your choice (I usually use the logo of the web site ... or a picture of someone whose e-mail I'm setting up) - save it to your [default] Photo app. Then, launch either icon and walk through the steps and ta da! Nice icons on the desktop.

I've used both and they work great. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Most reactions