What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A walk with TheRambler

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Well, Saturday was decided the best day to try a difficult walk called The Langdale Pikes, you can see part of them in the picture below, the weather started off nice but soon turned......well, British I think we can call it!

CIMG4018.jpg

As you can see, much money has been spent on making erosion on these fine walks due to footfall virtually nil. These rocks are flown up by helicopter and laid by volunteers and heritage members to create easy walking on the lower levels.

CIMG4026.jpg

There are many beautiful waterfalls and water catchments on this walk, they say the south of England is suffering droughts, whilst here in the North our reservoirs are 97% full and there are still snow patches on the highest peaks!

CIMG4022.jpg

CIMG4029.jpg

A great view of this undulating landscape, as can be seen the weather in this area is never as the weatherman says!

CIMG4034.jpg

This is Pavey Ark, if you look closely you can see the very dangerous route I took called Jacks Rake, it is the diagonal rake running from bottom right up to the left

CIMG4031.jpg

This picture shows the unmistakable picture of Pike of Stickle, this has recently been found to be the chosen area thousands of years ago for stone-axe manufacturing! Neolithic man travelled to these parts and found the stone to be ideal for all kinds of cutting implements.

CIMG4044.jpg

Smiling but bloody freezing on the top of Pavey Ark

CIMG4045.jpg

And just a couple of my favourite views from up on top of the pikes

CIMG4069.jpg

Lake Windermere is just in the background

CIMG4077.jpg

CIMG4051.jpg

And the full collection of photos can be found here......

http://photobucket.com/albums/ac229/TheRambler_2010/Langdale Pikes

Hope you enjoy. More to come soon......

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great pictures of a lovely part of the country.......I'll send you a bucket, can you fill it with water and send it back?

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome Pictures, Chris. Langdales Pikes--seems to be a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your scenic walk with us. This looked to treacherous for your pup.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Course I can mate, strange how such a small country like ours can be so different North to South!! I feel it's more a council problem though....not spending enough on underground storage, and also not repairing problems quick enough!

And of course we don't have mountains down here with water running off them into lakes.

Also worth noting that the water companies have been building many new underground reservoirs down in this part of the world......not quite the same as somewhere like Derwent Water though!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
No sanada.......it was really really really cold ha ha

Thanks everyone for looking, it looks like there may be a window of opportunity this weekend for another!

I think that you should really up the ante and do it in fancy dress!

The Archangel

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
No sanada.......it was really really really cold ha ha

Thanks everyone for looking, it looks like there may be a window of opportunity this weekend for another!

Lol your funny!

Most reactions