What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A walk with TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
on Saturday I walked the first of the Wainwrights Walks, there are 214 listed summits for me to get too, and so I have set myself a target of 3 years to bag them all. My friend Josephine, who I'm doing the walks with, has decided that if she doesn't do them now she never will. So we have to succeed......no chickening out!

The first I chose was Loughrigg Fell, it's not huge by any standards but it would be a great test to see if my fitness is up to some of the bigger and longer treks. So here's a few photos I took along the way.

My first view of the lower reaches

28ad9ba9.jpg

The path up

b7b72e7e.jpg

Looking down to the tarn

116f0c38.jpg

The next hill I will be climbing

0f5eb9fa.jpg

Finally the top....

c5f5c297.jpg

Coming back down is always easier

4f23e507.jpg

The wandering valley

2f2232cd.jpg

And this is hopefully, weather permitting, this weeks tester.....

a074b212.jpg

I hope I haven't bored you all to death.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lovely walk! I wonder if my science colleague has done it. He loves walking the Exmoor, Dartmoor etc... Keep up with the photos. Only problem I'm getting is a connection error when I look at them! I wonder why?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now Rambler - those are some beautiful pics - but do we have a 'vacation thread' - one that I started a while back in the 'Diner' of another forum - maybe this should be renamed to a more general thread and start some traveling posts? Not sure, but just in case (and not sure if a thread already exists on this forum), I'll post some pics from a recent trip to southwestern North Carolina (my home state in the USA) - a beautiful trip if one enjoys the mountains.

Pics include mountain views, scenes from the Joyce Kilmer National Forest w/ my wife next a a giant Popular tree, and other wonderful views - we had a 'private' hot tub on the deck that looked out onto those mountains - a daily experience for us! May return soon - just 4 hrs from our home! :)

Kilmer1.jpg

Kilmer2.jpg

Kilmer3.jpg

SunsetPoint3.jpg

SunsetPoint2.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rambler, just beautiful scenery. Well that's 1 down, 213 to go. Keep the pics coming

Giradman. The mountains in your photo are just beautiful, and I love those big trees. I've seen the ones in Yosemite and they are spectacular.

Thank you both.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great pics......I've spent lots of time in the lakes and it is a beautiful place, I've done a bit of ascending there myself albeit in my car!

It brings back memories of getting stuck in snowdrifts and eating Kendal Mint Cake!

I'm looking forwards to following this little adventure of yours.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
I love Kendal Mint Cake!! They now make a brown one which is great when used in coffee!!

I seem to recall eating the brown one a few years back. BTW, I used to live in Charlesworth in The High Peak, just across the country in the Peak District......even a city boy such as me can see its beauty!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know, anyone else reading this would be wondering what the brown one is? Only we know what this Kendal Mint Cake is!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Found a few photos from last weeks walk over Pendle Hill, this hill lies right behind my house, so I was dropped off at the far side in Barley and off I set.

It starts here then!?!

769d5a7b.jpg

And my walking partner for the day........

3325e3db.jpg

It's an easy track up......

a9775017.jpg

Looking out over the moors

7cccf973.jpg

The peak is in sight

e5ad27c6.jpg

The reservoir halfway down

11e6a1ca.jpg

This is where the water comes out and is oxygenated to help the fish in the stream

7779acc4.jpg

Looking back at the route down

a201c8eb.jpg

My house is just behind the trees.......not far now!

3383f63d.jpg

The road home....

590e82d2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, next walk this Saturday......anyone coming? ;-)

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great photos mate

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" Charlie Chaplin

Most reactions