1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

64GB 3G Auth Gone

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DavidNM, Mar 30, 2010.

1. DavidNM

DavidNM iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There have been numerous posts over the past week about account funds being frozen for iPod purchases. I ordered a 64GB 3G model on March 13th and about 4 days ago Apple tied up my funds with an appx $900 pending transaction.

As an FYI - Apple went in last night and reversed the pending transaction - so - the $$ is back in my account now. I guess they'll re-auth as we get closer to the end of April time frame.
  2. Mpaige

Mpaige iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey same here! My money is back on my CC :confused:
  3. HX_Guy

HX_Guy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same here.
  4. JLStrange

JLStrange iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. Greg G

Greg G iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sigh. Anyone else starting to wish they ordered the WiFi just to they could have it Sat? I know I want the 3G but the wait is going to make me crazy! :eek:

-Greg
  6. BassGear

BassGear iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah right now the waiting sux...but when we finally get our 3G's, it's gonna be some of the "WiFi only" people that will be wishing they pre-ordered a 3G version....wait and see for yourself after we get ours ;)
  7. HX_Guy

HX_Guy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best Buy...Saturday morning...
    30 day return policy and no restocking fee (from what I've heard)

You figure out the rest. :D
  8. Greg G

Greg G iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I hear you but I suspect it is going to be nuts there on Sat. I may wander by to try the display model and if they have one then we will see what the little guy dressed in red on my shoulder says :)
  9. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I wonder why they reversed the 3G orders. Could it mean a later shipping date? Something tells me that iPad 3G = May.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. fairoasis

fairoasis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brilliant minds think alike!
  11. Greg G

Greg G iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What scares me is the risk that you buy it and that 30 days later the 3G still is not out. Are you going to be strong enough to do the return ? :confused:
  12. fairoasis

fairoasis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've thought about that. Luckily I have two grown children and I'm sure one of them would accept it as a *slightly used * gift:)
  13. DavidNM

DavidNM iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't thing there will be a 30 day slip on the 3G models - Apple wouldn't do that - they're comfortable they can meet demand - think of how bad it would look.

Fact is that they charged all of the 3G orders in error wayyyy to early - and it took them some time to reverse the holds / charges. I'm sure about a week before release they'll start marking the 3G's as prepped for shipping and start hitting the cards.

To be honest though - I bet a lot of people would like the opportunity to just pay for the damned thing and be done with it.
  14. swelson

swelson iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NO THEY CHARGED OR HELD UP EVERYONES FUNDS TILL THEY GOT ALL OF THE WYFI MODEL BUYERS THEN GAVE US 3G rs MONEYBACK THAT WAY THEY WERE SURE NOT TO MISS ANYONE WHO ORDERED THE WYFI

SLICK VERY SLICK
  15. Greg G

Greg G iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't know much about Apple's commitment to meeting dates. They said March in the original iPad announcement and missed it (even if just by a few days). They always said that the 3G would be a month later so that would lead you to believe that it should be early May but they have not set a date - thus my concern.
  16. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I wonder what Apples strategies was to ship the 3G a month latter.. I'm curious, how many folks ordered two iPads, one of each... I cant figure this out but does anyone know how to make this a pole question.. Would be interesting to see.. And how many will cancel the 2nd order after receiving the WiFi
  17. Greg G

Greg G iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think that they were not ready to produce the 3G version for whatever reason (AT&T was not going to be ready, the new SIM cards don't work right, the OS could not handle it yet, the software for tracking usage is not finished, ...). Rather than hold up the wifi version they decided to push back the 3G. The question is how hosed up are they with the 3G version? I would think that we would have seen some sort of demonstration or picture of a 3G version if it was close. All I've seen is the case on the Apple site to show that the wifi and 3G versions look slightly different.

I seriously considered this approach. If I missed 3G enough I would have returned it and eaten the restocking fee and then waited for the 3G. If not I would have cancelled my order. I hope that the demand for the wifi does not push back the 3G production. They seem to be able to sell as many as they make...
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010