What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predication on the end of the supply crunch

FertilityDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All,

I have been trying to purchase an IPAD2 over the past couple of weeks. I have been to the local Apple store in the south suburbs of Chicago 3 times. Once, the 64GB White Ipad 2 was available. I was looking for a black ATT 3G version. Photography is a hobby and black in general is better as a background for showing off most photos. Another time they only had a Verizon model. Using the inventory tracker, I found a Walmart 30 miles away that showed the IPAD2 in stock. Called the store. The confirmed they had a 32GB 3G ATT model. Raced to the store. Called again when I was 15 miles away to reconfirm they had not sold it. They reassured me they had one in stock. I arrived at the store and the electronic associate brought out an IPAD1! I wanted to shoot myself.

I am out this craziness now. Too much of a chase and I no longer have the time nor the energy. Had hoped to procure one for vacation reading at the end of April. I have thought about the ATT deal on the 64GB Ipad1. Awfully tempting but I don't want to regret it. Anyone have a predication on when the supply crunch will end and you'll be able to walk into a store and purchase one? :(

OP
F

FertilityDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the Target suggestion

I have been trying to track the Target inventory. It seems to be abysmal in the Chicago area. There is a Super Target 5 miles from my house. I have not seen any inventory in a nearby target especially of the ATT model. I do check 4-5 times per day.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you only need the iPad 2 by the end of April, you could order it online from Apple and save yourself the hassle of trying to find one in store.

X 2. I bought mine at walmart. Seems that everyone goes to the apple stores and overlooks the other retailers.

Keep up the good fight.

OP
F

FertilityDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably would not receive on time...

If you only need the iPad 2 by the end of April, you could order it online from Apple and save yourself the hassle of trying to find one in store.

Yes, I learned a lesson on this one. Should have ordered it at launch. I can't order it now. Leaving for vacation on 4/22. It might wind up delivered on porch and disappear before I get back.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could always ask L Ron Hubbard for assistance. He may deliver it in a spaceship himself.

Captfx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy the iPad 1 and exchange it for the 2 when they get it in. You can transfer everything (photos, apps, data plan, etc.) Just make sure the return policy of the store you use jives with what you're going to do. You don't want to pay a restocking fee.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its probably going to be months before they are regularly available. Apple likes the hype that is generated by having their flagship products OOS for months on end.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its probably going to be months before they are regularly available. Apple likes the hype that is generated by having their flagship products OOS for months on end.

Again with the baseless paranoid conspiracy theories. It's getting stale, dude. Really.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Again with the baseless paranoid conspiracy theories. It's getting stale, dude. Really.

Wow, can you point to my previous baseless paranoid conspiracy theories since its "getting stale"?? What are you talking about?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wow, can you point to my previous baseless paranoid conspiracy theories since its "getting stale"?? What are you talking about?

Here's what I am talking about. You two need to play nice. This is getting old.

Benjammin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This roll out does not make sense. My wife ordered two 32 gb 3G. The his and her models (black and white). She placed it 1:00 am pst on the 11th and they arrived on the 23rd. On Sunday, I happened to walk in to a nearby Walmart and they have the 16gb wifi. They just arrived, but with no fanfare. I picked that 16gb up as a graduation present for my son, but I wondered why Apple just didn't rolled them out through apple stores and online. Some places have a lot, others a little and there is no rhyme or reason.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This roll out does not make sense. My wife ordered two 32 gb 3G. The his and her models (black and white). She placed it 1:00 am pst on the 11th and they arrived on the 23rd. On Sunday, I happened to walk in to a nearby Walmart and they have the 16gb wifi. They just arrived, but with no fanfare. I picked that 16gb up as a graduation present for my son, but I wondered why Apple just didn't rolled them out through apple stores and online. Some places have a lot, others a little and there is no rhyme or reason.

You got lucky when you found that one in your local walmart. As someone that has check local stores several times I have yet to see one. It all comes down to timing and being in the right place at the right time.

Most reactions

Latest posts