What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4G LTE vs Cellular AIR2 Versions

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference?
Want to get and AIR2 and want to be able to get the ATT cellular but I see both AIR2 versions for sale?

Thanks, Ken

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference?
Want to get and AIR2 and want to be able to get the ATT cellular but I see both AIR2 versions for sale?

Thanks, Ken
There is no difference, they're both the same version.There is only one version of the cellular iPad Air 2 that will work with AT&T. There are not separate 4g LTE and 3G cellular versions.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no difference, they're both the same version.There is only one version of the cellular iPad Air 2 that will work with AT&T. There are not separate 4g LTE and 3G cellular versions.

Thanks scifan57. My wife bought an air2 from Target last week and we had the worse time getting it to work on AT&T. Don't know what good it is. We were on the phone with Apple and AT&T for I don't know how long. Finally had to take it to the AT&T store where they swapped out the sim for their own.

What on earth good is/was the Apple SIM it came with??

Ken

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57. My wife bought an air2 from Target last week and we had the worse time getting it to work on AT&T. Don't know what good it is. We were on the phone with Apple and AT&T for I don't know how long. Finally had to take it to the AT&T store where they swapped out the sim for their own.

What on earth good is/was the Apple SIM it came with??

Ken
The Apple SIM is supposed to work with any carrier, including AT&T. AT&T normally permanently locks the SIM to their network, defeating the whole purpose of a universal SIM card. It's possible that the Apple SIM was defective. You could take it to an Apple Store and have it tested. If it's defective you'll get a free replacement. You could then save it in case you ever travel outside the USA.

Mpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My kids got me an air2 for fathers day ..I had to get verizon to send me a sim .They weren't on the drop down when i tried to activate it .Guy at best buy told them "not to worry it'll work with any provider"so far it's all good

Most reactions

Latest posts