What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 downgrade on ipad 2

Bsilverthorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So at the time of 4.3.2 upgrade tiny umbrella would not get shah blobs. I have the 4.3.1 Ipsw file. I can just do a shift restore and pick it and reinstall to get off of 4.3.2. I am experiencing to many issues with apps and tired of rebooting this thing. I had no issue under 4.3.1 and want to back

Thanks,

Brett

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way for you to downgrade your iPad2 to 4.3.1 is if you have saved 4.3.1 SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella. There is no other way.

It MUST be 4.3.1 blobs. Not 4.3.2. Can you confirm TU says you have 4.3.1?

If you do have 4.3.1 blobs, you run TU, press the "Start TSS Server" button. Then put your iPad2 into DFU mode. Then start iTunes. When prompted to restore, shift-click (option-click on Mac) the "Restore" button and select the 4.3.1 firmware you have downloaded.

Hope that helps.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So at the time of 4.3.2 upgrade tiny umbrella would not get shah blobs. I have the 4.3.1 Ipsw file. I can just do a shift restore and pick it and reinstall to get off of 4.3.2. I am experiencing to many issues with apps and tired of rebooting this thing. I had no issue under 4.3.1 and want to back

Thanks,

Brett

what issues are you experiencing?

OP
B

Bsilverthorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the blobs. I will give it a whirl.

As far as issue, I just have a lot of apps close while running.. They just shutdown, a full power off doesn't fix it. Numerous apps. Constantly have to be restarted. I did reset alll settings and that didn't help.

I should have not fixed what wasn't broken ;-)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most people complain about the apps not shutting down. In any case you're making a mistake. You build the apps to the OS, not adapt the OS for the apps. Eventually when an update comes through it may not work with your older OS.

Just something to think about. It's your iPad.

OP
B

Bsilverthorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks it worked, and so far everything is working fine. I could actually respond to this in one try ;-). Ipf and other apps seem to not be closing now, thanks for the help guys and gals.

Most reactions