What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi want to restore to 4.3.2 after 4.3.3 released

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tum said:
The 4.3.3 SHSH blob that i have saved locally (using this method you said) is the only save that i have seen work.
I have only had the ipad 2 since friday, and when i installed it with itunes, it had 4.3.1 on it, but there seems to of been 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 come out in a few days since i bought the ipad 2 a few days ago.
Will havent 4.3.3 saved on my pc locally mean that cydia will still be able to get me back to 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 if nessecary (for jailbreaking) ?

Also what does untethered jailbreak mean ? Is this different to a normal jailbreak ?

You can only get blobs for 4.3.3.
Have you read the stickies in the hacking section? All of your questions are answered in there! See the SHSH Blob FAQ and Jailbreaking Methods for answers...

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K thanks, will go have a lokk at the stickies now !

It just seems a little confusing at first !

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again,
One last thing about the SHSH blobs and Cydia
Now that i have 4.3.3 IOS save locally on my pc using Tiny Umbrella, will i be able to send that to CYDIA server when CYDIA starts working again ?

And is havng it stored locally the same as on cydia servers ? Will i still be able to downgrade with it stored locally ?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again,
One last thing about the SHSH blobs and Cydia
Now that i have 4.3.3 IOS save locally on my pc using Tiny Umbrella, will i be able to send that to CYDIA server when CYDIA starts working again ?

And is havng it stored locally the same as on cydia servers ? Will i still be able to downgrade with it stored locally ?

Cydia is working again for 4.3.3 now, so you should just re-tick the option, apply changes, and save your SHSH again. This will re-save them through Cydia which should store them on their servers at the same time. You can't "send" your blobs to Cydia at this time, you just need to pull them through Cydia from Apple.

Tum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure CYDIA is working now ?

I've just tried saving 4.3.3 again, and when i click SAVE SHSH in the log all i get are the error messages "This device is eligible for the requested build" + "CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR IPAD23G" + all version "4.3", "4.3.1", "4.3.2" and "4.3.3"

It seems to give the error even though am not requesting a new build ! Am just trying to save the 4.3.3 build to CYDIA ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I've just tried saving 4.3.3 again, and when i click SAVE SHSH in the log all i get are the error messages "This device is eligible for the requested build" + "CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR IPAD23G" + all version "4.3", "4.3.1", "4.3.2" and "4.3.3"

It seems to give the error even though am not requesting a new build ! Am just trying to save the 4.3.3 build to CYDIA ?

Pretty sure. I don't have an iPad2, but my iPad1 is saving fine via Cydia now when it wasn't a few days ago, and this guy has an iPad2 and followed the same instructions and reported success...
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/28978-tu-wont-save-my-latest-shsh-blobs.html#post209509
Anyway, don't sweat it. You have your blobs saved on your PC. It is the safest place for them just now. You don't need to take any action until you hear there will be a new iOS released. That will be a wee while off yet as far as we know...

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

+1 on that cydia isn't working for ipad 2 users
Has any one else able to save their shsh blobs of ipad 2 via cydia?

Reaction score
Same here. Tinyumbrella (v4.33.00) saves 4.3.3 blobs for iPad 1, but not for iPad 2. Since the configuration is the same and it works for iPad 1, is it definitely not a user-side error.

But since it is unlikely that another iOS update will come out anytime soon, is it not really important, that saving SHSH blobs doesn't work right now.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Same here. Tinyumbrella (v4.33.00) saves 4.3.3 blobs for iPad 1, but not for iPad 2. Since the configuration is the same and it works for iPad 1, is it definitely not a user-side error.

But since it is unlikely that another iOS update will come out anytime soon, is it not really important, that saving SHSH blobs doesn't work right now.

Cheers for the confirmation DUMI. I really need my iPad2 to arrive soon!
And to confirm it does work locally, they are just not working through Cydia.., so everyone with an iPad2 CAN still save their blobs locally if they untick the relevant box in TU.

sunraizes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, nubie question, i am now way behind the latest firmware 4.3.3, and for some reasons i fail to update via iTunes, so i download myself the iOS4.3.3 and intend to shift restore it before unthethed jailbreaking to 4.3.3.
Is that way fine? Or I should do with 4.3.1 & 4.3.2 first?
:confused:

Reaction score
sunraizes said:
Hi, nubie question, i am now way behind the latest firmware 4.3.3, and for some reasons i fail to update via iTunes, so i download myself the iOS4.3.3 and intend to shift restore it before unthethed jailbreaking to 4.3.3.
Is that way fine? Or I should do with 4.3.1 & 4.3.2 first?
:confused:

You can do a shift restore directly onto iOS 4.3.3, it does not matter which version you are currently on. You can always shift restore to the newest firmware.

Most reactions