What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 on 4.3, can I save the 4.3.2 set up file?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello quick question for ya. I'm a little familiar with JB'n but I've never tried this and wonder if it's possible. I have an iPad 2 on firmware 4.3. Is there a way for me to save the update files for 4.3.2? Reason I ask this is with the whole location file being discovered there seems to be some chatter about a new update coming soon to fix it. My concern is if a JB comes out and it doesn't work with the new 4.3.3 (or whatever they name it) would I be able to point iTunes to the 4.3.2 setup files instead and update to 4.3.2 even though 4.3.3 is the latest version?

Also in order to save the SHSH blobs does my device have to already be jailbroken in order to save them? I have an iPhone that's JB'd but I've never messed with the blobs before and as I understood it I only needed them if I ever wanted to downgrade my firmware to a previous version.

Thanks in advance!

OP
Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that answers the question about the blobs but what about saving the set up files for 4.3.2? If I do and the jailbrakenis for 4.3.3 will I be able to point iTunes to the 4.3.2 set up files?

Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
but what about saving the set up files for 4.3.2? If I do and the jailbrakenis for 4.3.3 will I be able to point iTunes to the 4.3.2 set up files?
Regarding the blobs:
10. I have to be jailbroken to save my blobs, right?
NO! - Saving your blobs has nothing to do with whether your device is jailbroken or not. Just download tinyumbrella and start the process now. It is never too soon to start saving your blobs!

11. I don’t have IOS version x.y.z installed on my iPad, so I can’t get SHSH for it, right?
NO! – SHSH Blobs have nothing to do with the firmware you have installed on your device.
You can quite happily request and receive blobs for 4.3.1 even if you are back on 3.2.2 provided Apple is signing 4.3.1 today. What you cannot do is request blobs for 3.2.2 today as the window for that version is well and truly closed… Beginning to make sense?

and concerning the firmware, you can either restore with iTunes, by doing a Shift+Restore, or jb with sn0wbreeze, pwnagetools, which put the corresponding firmware onto your iPad without using iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts