What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade advice from 4.3.2

Snake_man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To upgrade or not to upgrade!

Hi guys,

I am running on 4.3.2 never jailbroken my ipad 2 before and i want to upgrade my ipad ios to 4.3.3.
i dont have 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved from previous occasions and restoring from 4.3.3 ipsw simply won't work.

I have tried the following:

Downloaded Tiny Umbrella - tried saving my SHSH but only 5.0.1 and 5.1 are coming up now.

Now i am stuck and dont know what to do. And to add fuel to the fire the hacker that was working on the 4.3.2 exploit (c0mex) has now joined forces with apple!!!

Should i upgrade to the latest ios or stay where i am? Does it really matter anymore!!

Only if i knew things were going to turn into custard i would have upgraded to 4.3.3 a long time ago :mad:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you have found out, the only firmware that is jailbreakable on the iPad2 is iOS 4.3.3. However, if you are not running that version, you cannot get it to work on your iPad unless you've saved SHSH blobs for it - which you haven't. So, you have to stay at 4.3.2 or move up to iOS 5.0.1. Those are your only options.

No one can tell you whether to upgrade or not. What I can tell you is that I believe you will see a jail break for the iPad2 on iOS 5.x a lot quicker than you'll see one for a jail break on any 4.3 version (other than 4.3.3). Most, if not all, of the jail breaking community is focused on iOS 5. Now, I am not a mind reader, so I have no way of backing up that statement, but, given that the electronic world always seems to move on and ever upward, I think my opinion is spot on.

You could always just wait and see what happens; stay on iOS 4.3.2 and wait. Again, it's entirely up to you - but iOS 5, in and of itself, is pretty cool. YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
S

Snake_man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just what i was looking for. Thank you for your advice Mickey, I am going to upgrade to the new IOS.

Most reactions